Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: freddies phoned my boss over old nationwide debt - i could lose my job!

I can see a nice bit of compo coming out of this if you play this cute...

freds were acting under their clients authority and instructions...Nationwide !!

SARicon to all three
    DONT give the game away upon WHY you are sending it though!!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: freddies phoned my boss over old nationwide debt - i could lose my job!

You haven't answered the question as to whether or not you still have the letter of apology.

If you wanted to challenge them then you would have to have some evidence that the phone callicon had been made by them. The letter of apology would be perfect. In any event, you would send Fredrickson's an SARicon which probably would reveal the fact that they had made the phone calls. Additionally you would send an SAR to your ex-employer which would reveal that not only had they received the phone call but also that a decision had been made to demote you.

This then will give you the information you needed initially to make a complaint to the ICO simply to get a confirmation that there had been breaches of data protection and then you would bring a small claimicon in the county courticon against Fredrickson's for an amount of compensation depending on the losses you had suffered.

In terms of nationwide, you would send them an SAR so we can understand exactly the basis of your bank account and also the overdraft that they had imposed on you together with their charges. On the basis of the information received we would then consider bringing an action against them for unfair treatment under BCOBS.

In addition to the question about the letter of apology which you haven't answered, you also haven't told us anything about the fosicon. What your complaint to them about and did you just drop the matter or did they make some initial decision?

You haven't really told us much about the way that it affected your job. We keep on asking questions but you don't deal with them. It would be helpful if you did assuming that you would like some help on this.

MAJOR UPGRADE - probably 22 Feb - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

I would indeed like some help ,
    sadly yestredays work schedule made it very difficult for me to reply also you seemed to be having problems with your server ,

firstly soon after the incident I decided to leave and got another job ,
    sadly the company was taken over in 2017

I have not been able to get much help form the new firm,
    the fosicon suggested I contact Frericksons and should I not get a reply within eight weeks to get back to them

I did contact Fredricksons and I have the original copy of the correspondence and the name of the person who called my work,
    I have found the e mail from them saying they were looking into it but I will need to go through my files at the weekend to find the letter they sent after that ,

I will be sending a SARicon to Nationwide and Fredricksons today ,
    I will keep you updated ,
    it did not affect my future employment luckily ,

please feel free to comment on anything I may have missed out.
    ( note I have tried twice to send this today 10/01/2019 and I get a message that the server is down)
    I hope this reaches you

Follows
    Following

Blog Entries

SARicon to you old employers as well. Send it today.

Have you told us how long you were at your old employer? You haven't told us about the demotion and how that happened and its impact on you.

It would be helpful if you could simply tell us the whole story at one go because as you probably appreciate, we probably don't know what questions to ask you because we don't know the story.

If you wanted to do something about this then you would probably have to bring DPA actions against Fredericksons and also Nationwide and also a BCOBSicon action against Nationwide.

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Ok I will tell the whole story when I get back form work this evening thanks for your patience

Blog Entries

Thank you.

Please try to make it concise - bullet-pointed and chronological.
    Send the SARs

Follows
    Following

will do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2