• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Samsung company refused to return my tablet for over nine month

Eby32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My samsung reference number is ,,,,,,,,

I bought my samsung tablet from argos in april 2013 and

in january it developed in problem and

i had to take it back to argos but

they told me the only option i have is to call samsung which i did,

i was told instructed to send it back with the self addressed envelope they sent to me few days later.

I was told then that it would only take ten working days and if for any reason it could not be fixed they will replace it.

However that was not the case because till this day which is over nine months samsung has refused to return my tablet.

I have made several efforts by writing to them via email and also sent a registered letter but all to no avail,

they only thing they have succeeded in doing is to continue claiming that they have tried to deliver my tablet through dpd.

At some point i had to write them telling them that if they really could not deliver my tablet which was quite unlikely,

that they can send it to any of their service centre in london and i will be happy to go and collect it as this has really inconvenienced me,

but all this falls on deaf ear as they are not not even making any effort to contact me and find a way to send my tablet.

i have come to the realization that samsung is a company that has little or no respect for their customers

hence the unprofessional behaviour, and obviously has no integrity

since i have the option to go to court and make a claim

i want to know the best option available for me,

is it making a claim through section 75 of the credit act

or to take samsung to court directly because

to be honest i would like to avoid getting other companies involved.

As this is entirely samsung's mess and they should deal with it.

Hi Eby32

Welcome to CAG

To be honest, your only contact should be with Argos, that is was the SOGA 1979 states, Argos has passed the buck.

This has taken far too long to resolve. Argos should be dealing with this.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what has happened (purchased tablet, tablet faulty), how they have let you down (under SOGA 1979 they retailer should repair, replace or refund - Argos should be dealing with the manufacturer - nine months without tablet, still no tablet) and what you want them to do (replace / refund).

Send it to:-

Mr John Walden

Chief Executive

Home Retail Group

[email protected]

How did you pay for it?

Your entire complaint here should be against Argos. It has nothing to do with Samsung. This is just a way that Argos can pass the buck. Lots of retailers do this.

If you want to put an end to this charade then you will have to be prepared to take a legal action. This means that you will have to write a letter before action to Argos explaining what has happened and why you will not wait any more and that you want either the tablet or the entire purchase price back. Tell them that you will be suing them for the money including interest. Do not write this letter if you think you're only going to bluff it. At the end a 14 days you must begin the action. If you're not prepared to do this then give up.

Incidentally I am assuming that you have got evidence in writing to support what you say and that you haven't been doing this on the telephone. If you have been doing it on the telephone then you need to pause for a moment and write to them and to explain to them exactly what has happened and that you are prepared to pick up the tablet from one of their service centres. If then they don't respond after 14 days then send them a 14 day letter before action. Once again, don't bluff. If you are prepared to go down this route then spend a little time on this forum finding out how to take a small action in the County Court. It is very easy and very cheap. However you need to understand the steps in advance. It is not worth rushing into it and then coming here in a panic and finding out what to do next. You must have a plan

have you contacted your card provider and asked for a section 75 reclaim

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write the letter to Argos first, let's see what they say and do. It's good that you paid by Credit Card, a Section 75 claim is possible providing the cost was over £100.

I paid for it using my credit card. Am writing a letter to send to Argos now and will like to know the procedure on how to make a claim in the county court

in case they don't act on my letter.

Thank you

have you contacted your card provider and asked for a section 75 reclaim

dx

yes I agree. This is a better way to go before you go on to take the steps that I suggested.

The only reason I would wait is that Credit Card companies like to play 'hardball' on Section 75 claims. When the Credit Card company contact Argos to find out what's happened, they will simply state, 'as far as we are concerned everything is fine', reason, because you haven't contacted Argos for 9 months. Argos don't know Samsung have given you the run around.

No, i have contacted my credit card provider yet. I guess I will have to wait for Argos to respond first before I take any action.

eby32

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and I am just about to take my tablet back to argos. I dont want a repair. Can I ask for a replacement or refund. It is still under a year old and not fit for purpos as it keeps turning itsef off.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

sadly its up to the retailer as its outside of 14days.

you might also have to pay for a report

best to get that done yourself

and when they repair or whatever it will be refunded

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How did you pay for it?

Also you really should have started your own thread.

I have the same problem and I am just about to take my tablet back to argos. I dont want a repair. Can I ask for a replacement or refund. It is still under a year old and not fit for purpos as it keeps turning itsef off.