Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Everlasting Boilers County court letter***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd Claim

No worries.... just give me a nudge nearer the defence due date (2/3 days before)

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    leerob695 Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2013

Default Re: Everlasting Boilers County court letter***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Andyorch View Post
    No worries.... just give me a nudge nearer the defence due date (2/3 days before)

Andy
    Hi Andy Appreciate the Help
    My computer has gone Kaput and stopped working soi now have limited access to a real PC so to speak
    Im back at work on Tuesday so I dont suppose there is and chance of some help with the Defence again so i can send it off and put my mind at rest ?

Really appreciate the help so far

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Tomorrow Lee.

Andy

Follows
    Following

Defence

1. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claimicon pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

3. The claimants claim is denied having previously issued the same claim twice already on the same named defendants, 26th Sept 2014 which they Discontinued on 31-10-2014 and on 28th April 2017 which was struck out by District Judge xxxxxxx on 3-Nov 2017 in the xxxxxxxxx county courticon, claim number xxxxxxxxx

3 . The claim was Struck Out on 3-Nov 2017 by the aforesaid District Judge. Therefore the claimant is precluded from reissuing the same claim pursuant to res judicata and therefore is barred from re-suing the same parties on the same cause of action.

4.For the court to allow a third claim which having been adjudged and struck out would amount to an abuse of process on the basis of issue estoppelicon and/or cause of action estoppelicon.The claimant is aware and has been provided with a further copy of judgment dated 3-Nov 2017 but has disregarded it and issued a further claim irrespective.

5. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.It is respectfully requested that the court dismiss this claim and award an adverse costs order in the defendants favour.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Many Thanks Andy

Just a case of playing the waiting game again now i guess

Ideally it shouldn't get to allocation stage if the court act appropriately

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Received this in the post today
    looks like its gone to allocation stage for some reason
    Mentions If i believe that this track is not the appropiate track for the claim i must complete box c1 on the 180 Form and explain why
    Im presuming that i just need put the defence in the box again ?
    Any idea why as to where is says i have filed a defence it is crossed out?

What Now?

Attached Images

Did you not already do this before on the previous claims ? Standard practice...the claimant has informed the court they wish to proceed to allocation.
    No you dont put your defence on the form.

The reason they have not included a copy of your defence is because your the defendant and already have a copy.......that is for the claimant on their copy.

No to Mediationicon

yes to small claimsicon track.

1 witness yourself (or 2 if its a joint claim)

State your local county courticon

The rest is self explanatory tick boxes which you have already done for your previous 2 claims...run 3 copies ...court claimants/ sol....file

Use the following to complete on your pC .....print 3 copies.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...at-Sept-2016**

Andy

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

My apologies Andy
    I was under the misunderstanding after reading your reply "It shouldnt get to the Allocation Stage" that it wouldnt go to this part
    I presume the allocation stage is after i have filled in the N180 form in
    thanks Again

Correct....I only implied it shouldn't...but then again this claimant isn't the norm....given that they spent more on litigation than the value of the boiler up to now

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Thanks

Ive filled it in and have copied both the strike out notice and the discontinue one and added that to it as well
    fingers crossed

No dont attach anything...they go with your witness statement

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Afternoon all
    After being transferred to Grimsby county courticon
    I today have received a "Notice of preliminary Hearing" on the 8th of may
    10 mins have been allowed for the hearing
    No mention of any evidence to put together like last time
    Should I take the notice of discontinuance from the first case and the strike out judgment from the second case with me?

Feels like going around in circles again now

Thanks in advance

It will be a case management conference...obviously the court are curious also....take all your files...previous claims ...NoD and strike out notices

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details