Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    leerob695 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2013

Default Everlasting Boilers County court letter***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd Claim

Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated
    I wonder how long it is before I get a default thru my letterbox now and then shortly after another claim formicon ��

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Everlasting Boilers County court letter***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd Claim

so you've not read what atleast 3 people have advised here in the past...they cant.

pers id ignore them now

get someone else to service it
    if you are with british gas they are doing free servicing as a reward at the moment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Sorry to bring this up again

Just had a phone callicon from a shader greener informing me that after the courtcase was struck out i am to reinstate my direct debiticon!!

apparently it was agreed at court that this would be the case

told them to stop calling as this was starting to become harassment and that if they so wanted they should take it further

Sick to the back teeth of this

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

ignore

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Morning all

Ive just had the post and in it was a letter from a shade greener which contained a DEFAULT NOTICE !!

this is after a first claim was discontinued by them and the second claim STRUCK OUT by the judge because they had never send me a default notice before

It is for a different amount so it looks like they have written off any of the missed payments from before

i presume that its only a matter of time before they put an online claim in and try it on again in the courts system

this will be the third time when they do

I appreciate advice has been given to ignore
    but they can put an online application in again and i have no option to respond the courts but id like to have a response when the time comes

stuff and all they can do I think

you'd simply inform the court the claim was already struck out, they cant have 2 bites at the same cherry.

FWIW they must now abide by the new Pre action protocol here:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u....-1st-Oct-2017

I would think if you reply with a copy of the strike out notice with the reply form that would kill it dead.
    cause they'd look mighty stupid infront of a judge if they went through with a new claim. and they'd already been officially sent that to them.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Does it make a difference that the amount they are trying to claim has changed
    it seems they have just written any previous missed payments off and have started the payments again and now because i have missed 2 they are sending a default

so because it is a different amount it will be classed as a different case even though it is the same agreement number

see post 173.

and they cant issue a DN as the agreement never started as the installation was faulty see your post 1.

check they've not trashed your credit file too

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Difference in amount is irrelevant...the substance of the claim is the same.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Another letter today One sent recorded delivery and one sent normal post
    This one was headed a "Formal Default Notice"
    Getting sick of this now its A joke and i think it could be border line Harrasment

a copy of the judges order striking out the case on 3-11-17 has been sent to them after the last letter!

letter states i have missed payments dating
    November 2017
    December 2017
    January 2018

Between the period of march 2015 and october 2017 no payments of your account have been made.
    This total;s the amount of 1940.61 which has been removed from your account due to the previous court claim outcome (The claim was STRUCK OUT 3rd November 2017)

you failed to make the payments which were due on the following dates
    November 2017 48.69
    December 2017 48.69
    January 2018 48.69

you are in breach of contract under the conditional sale agreement in that you have two or more monthly payments outstanding in arrers.

Please contact us as soon as possible on the confirmed contact details

Please note that if a payment to remedy the breach is not made and received to us by the specified date stated in the default notice (9-2-18) legal action will be taken and it may be difficult for you to obtain credit

berks!

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

Update Again

Just recieved 2 brown letters from Northampton court one for me and one in my wifes name which is a claim form
    Particulars of claim:-

A boiler replacment agreement was signed on 29-11-2013 by XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXX Purusant to whch Mr XXX XXXXXX & Mrs XXXXXXX agreed to make payments to the creditot to pay for a grade A central heating boiler the amount due at the date of the claim is 3859.

This sum consists of :- Missed payments and administration charges totalling 60.00 including VAT =37 VAT on the Charges we are to incur for the court fees

The purchase price for the baoiler as set out in schedual 3 of the agreement at any time prior to the sixth anniversary of the agreement is 3762.00

the claimant claims interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 30/11/2017 to 09/02/2018 on 3859.00 ans also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.84

Please help in how to respond to this it is beyond as joke now

the discontinued first claim form
    the second time they tried was struck out on 3-11-2017 and now this again 3rd claim form 3rd different amount claimed

Follows
    Following

abuse of process will be thrown out in seconds

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Hi leerob

If you could type out the particulars of claim for claim 1 and amount claimed...claim 2 and amount claimed..the above is that the particulars of claim 3 verbatim ?

It would be even better if you could scan all 3 N1 claim forms and redact any identifiable data. ( I assume your Mrs is exact as yours? same claim number ?)

Whats the date of the latest claim ?

Andy

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

here

Attached Files

Thanks ...and the dates of each claim...the date it was discontinued (claim 1) and the date it was SO (claim 2)

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

First Claim 4985.52 + Court Fees = 5170.52 (Claim Date 26th Sept 2014 & Discontinued on 31-10-2014)
    Second CLaim 4619.00 + Court Fees = 4804.00 (Claim Date 28th April 2017 & STRUCK OUT BY JUDGE on 3-Nov 2017
    Third Claim 3859.00 + Court Fees = 4044.0 Claim Date 12th Feb 2018

Thanks...get the new claims acknowledged (you have to duplicate everything on yours and mrs)...defend all.

I will draft you a further defence and this time with costs

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sgtbush Novitiate sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

If my memory on this post serves me right you were refusing to pay because of a catalogue of errors ( rightly so) and you had monthly payments, which you didn't pay(again rightly so).

I know they tried it on and you won.

Have they now corrected the errors or come to take the boiler out?
    Because as I see it you now have a boiler and you haven't paid for it.
    Surely the company can come back to take out their boiler as you haven't paid anything for it.
    In effect you have bettermenticon

Basic Account Holder
    leerob695 Novitiate

No the errors have not been sorted out
    Its Hardly bettermenticon because im left with a boiler that constantly loses pressure and is quite hit or miss (Before we had this boiler fitted we had an old (But working) Back boiler with only costly gas issues
    Now this system isnt even fitted to standard .

they are more than welcome to come and remove it provided they leave me as i was before with a working system

My plan was to get this court case sorted
    (Which i thought it was after being struck out )
    and then sort out fitting of a new boiler from a company that will fit it properly

Andyorch again I appreciate your help on the defence
    its all very messing and not straight forward now it has been struck out and they are trying to get to court again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details