told to do a course but dont want to

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

work in security and just a standard security officer in a building monitor things etc.

The other day a person from a learning centre thing, that work had signed us up too, I asked what is it, they told me Marshalling/stewarding, I said oh no I'm not into that not interested, then they learning place kick off on me saying wait till we tell your supervisor you have to do what ever they say.

I contact supervisor and tell him look I'm not doing marshalling or stewarding at all! and he said it needs to be done for audit reasons, I tell him no as they will make us work for the stadiums they just got contracts for, which I'm not doing, I've been on the current site for 3 years and know the contract is still on for another 2 years and have been told my job is safe, but i still would not do the course.

They have now told me that if i dont do the course they will take me of the site and lose my hours and I've to now fill in a college question book for maths and english for the course. Dont get me wrong if the course was a benefit e.g. cctv i would but this is not something i want to do or waste time doing.

Yes i know it silly but it the fact I know they will move us to the stadium and i do not want this, and I've told them this but still get no we want, but i know they will.

Am i within my rights to refuse the course

Tell your company that you are happy to do the course but it won't be of any benefit because you would be unable to put it to any use.

You can't do marshalling or stewarding as you suffer from a form of Agoraphobia that brings on a panic attack if you're in or around a large crowd of people.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Tell your company that you are happy to do the course but it won't be of any benefit because you would be unable to put it to any use.

You can't do marshalling or stewarding as you suffer from a form of Agoraphobia that brings on a panic attack if you're in or around a large crowd of people.

Do NOT do this if you cannot get the medical report from your doctor to back this up.

What does your contract say regarding training etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Do you know if what they are saying about audit reasons is true? There may be some reason why they want people to do a certain number of hours training (no matter what that training is).

Some jobs require you to do a certain number hours training each year, which results in people doing all sorts of rubbish to get the hours in.

your company probably has to show that x number of people have done this progression training to win a contract somewher (think about the olympics staffing cock-up) and it may be that you never have to do any of this yourself but it allows them to tick a box and get the job. Try and find out if this is the case and if it is you will have nothing to worry about.

Also nothing I'm contract over training as was tupe over 2 years ago, already bank holiday pay down to time and half instead of double and holiday pay 8 hours instead of 12 what I work,

The way they do wages shows I work 40 a week but work 60 and missing 50 a week in money I've mentioned it but get no reply, I've tried hmrc but no luck they no interested

Also nothing I'm contract over training as was tupe over 2 years ago, already bank holiday pay down to time and half instead of double and holiday pay 8 hours instead of 12 what I work,

The way they do wages shows I work 40 a week but work 60 and missing 50 a week in money I've mentioned it but get no reply, I've tried hmrc but no luck they no interested

Investigate grievence in writing re unlawful deductions of earnings. Then u have the tribunal route open but it will cost you.

plus u would prob be managed out the businrss

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.