Oversees Travel and Worked hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm unclear about what you are looking for.

What does your contract says about hours and what is the business travel and expenses policy?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I was just inquiring if it is worth me asking HR for extra pay for the hours worked and the forced sharing of accommodation.

Accommodation and Food should be in line with the UK and HMRC World Subsistence Rates for Hotels.

Does this mean that although I was sharing with 4 other people I am unable to claim something back for the accommodation despite it being in my opinion sub standard?

Hours of Working & Timekeeping

Your normal working hours are detailed in your Standard Terms & Conditions of Employment, although you

are expected to work such additional hours as may be reasonably necessary for you to properly undertake

your role

Does this mean I am unable to ask for pay for additional hours worked?

My standard terms and conditions should have been provided according to the staff handbook and employment contract. There is no mention on the staff handbook of my employment contract about reimbursement for extra hours worked.

Accommodation such as – Premier Inn, Holiday Inn or Equivalent. Higher rate this will be considered for the larger cities.

I think I will have to speak with HR on Monday when I return to work and see what they say.

Thank you for your help though

you should have a contract that says "30 hours a week" or "hours required to do the job" or something. That's the document you are looking for.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

ok, and nothing about overtime from time to time?

So fair to ask HR although I'd expect there to be a clause somewhere about "pre approval" bring needed - so I'd treat whatever you get as a bonus.

Check the travel and expenses policy for info on meal claims etc.

Sharing hotel rooms - not worht the fight. Really not worth it.

Most companies pay a set subsistence rate or a higher and lower rate according to where you are sent, ie Uk or abroad. This is tax free if under a certain threshold a it covers your out of pocket expenses en bloc rather than broken down. Other than that you should claim back all of your expenses and that will incude travel, meals etc. You can also claim overtime if your contract allows for it, normally you dont get that if you are being paid the subsistence but you might get both.