Possible tribunal case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Brand new to this site, but I'm struggling to find a bit of info so I wondered if anyone could help.

I'm the the process of being made redundant from a large company due to the restructuring of my department. I had an interview last week for a similar job at the same company, which I've now been told I didn't get, and I had a consultation meeting on Tuesday at which I highlighted a few areas where the redundancy process had fallen down, namely:

- One of the Company Directors forwarded the Head of my Department a letter by email to send out to stakeholders detailing the restructure. This was 2.5 weeks before the end of the 45-day consultation period. I've since learned that HR knew about this letter and had told him in no uncertain terms not to send it.

- In my interview, I was asked to whistleblow on my colleagues. I was asked where our current failings are and the main issues, and when I showed reluctance to answer the question, I was told that I didn't need to name names, but if I didn't answer the question, I couldn't get the job, because I would be demonstrating that I didn't know where our failings are.

- A colleague then had an interview for the same job, an hour after my interview. We were asked very different questions, and, most importantly, she wasn't asked the question detailed above.

- Part of the reason I've been told I didn't get the job was because I'm currently a part-time member of staff, which I believe may be indirect discrimination due to me being female. I am part-time as I look after my child for the rest of the week and I think this may have made me a soft target.

HR was concerned about my issues, and I was told that they would not send the letter confirming serious risk of redundancy (giving you 10 days to make representation before a member of the Executive) before addressing this with the HR Head of Department. Having called HR yesterday, it seems that they are still proceeding as planned and will issue the letter next week. I've had no formal response to my issues, but I haven't put them in writing either.

My questions are, how far do you think I should/can take this, how long would it take to come to a tribunal, and crucially, do you receive your statutory redundancy pay regardless of whether you have a grievance in? That is to say, would my statutory redundancy pay be withheld until the outcome of a tribunal, if there was one, or do you get paid it at it the right time, regardless?

Many thanks in advance.