RBoS Mastercard Credit Card Statements only going back to October 2001

Wulfen40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I just received my information back from the Royal Bank of Scotland today from a SAR I sent them end of June 2014.

One of the requests I made was for my RBoS MasterCard Credit Cards. I received all of my credit card statements from 2004 but they only go as far back as October 2001.

I had my credit card from the mid 1990's

So I contacted the SAR Team at RBoS Cards Customer Services at Southend-On-Sea (0845 835 5470)

I told them I only received my credit card statements but they only went as far back as October 2001. I was also told that they changed their system during that month and year and that was the reason why they only went back that far.

They also said it was their Policy that they now no longer hold customer statements from before that time.

I asked to see this Policy as I was not satisfied that they had looked further back, but I was told that they would not send me a copy of this policy.

I also enquired about microfiche and any other system where they would hold older records but again I was told that ALL old records were put onto the new system or as much of it as can be...

Of course I was not happy with their explanantion and I have no intention of being fobbed off that they no longer have a database that does not go further back from Oct 2001.

I simply do not believe them that their records of credit card accounts and their statements now all start on October 2001

What can I do now, as I simply believe that I have been fobbed off? I still believe that they have my old pre October 2001 credit card statements. As they have not sent me any information to me showing me how and why my old records have been deleted or destroyed.

I would be very appreciative if anyone can give me some guidance on this as I can see on the statements that I do have I was being smashed for "card protection plan" payments ranging from £17 to £27 plus, per month up to 2004!

Thank you

Wulfen40

I am a bit disappointed no one had any suggestions on how I could access the whole of my credit card account with RBoS

As it was, I contacted FOS today and started a complaint with them against RBoS Credit Card Services with regards to them not giving me my full credit account history, especially seeing they can furnish me with my RBoS bank account history going back to 1992 !

I do have some questions in relation to my RBoS Credit Card account. I found out I was paying PPI. But when I got my reply from RBoS credit card services, they told me the following...

1.They were unable to obtain a copy of the original application form

2. They were unable to trace any correspondence on file regarding my account

3. Were unable to obtain the manual notes for this account

They also told me they have not provided me with copies of my T&C's and Notice of Variations as they are saying these fall outside the definition of personal data for the purpose of the Data Protection Act. They also say that Section 7(1)© only requires a data controller to provide a copy of the information constituting any personal data. not the actual document on which the personal data is recorded.

Would I have to complain to FOS about this as well?

They also said that their data destruction techniques are carried out within the banks policies and they regret they cannot divulge or disclose who carries this out as it is bank policy... if that is the case then how do they prove to me that they have actually destroyed or deleted any of my info?

I really feel that they are trying to fob me off with corporate bull !!

• 3 weeks later...

I am not impressed that no body has bothered to comment on this page, or that they had no advice to offer, where everything else I have discussed has had a lot of comeback and helpful advice to give. Is it been the site staffs month off or something?

Incidentally, when I asked RBoS to send all of my bank statements to me, I got them all two weeks ago and they started in 1989 when I opened my account! How funny is that!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry you have not had any replies.

When I sent a SAR to RBS they sent me statements from from September 2001 to December 2005 ( when the account was closed )

I was claiming PPI on a card opened in October 1996, when they worked out the PPI payments they went back to 21st October 1996, so they obviously have the info but did not give me any of the older statements.

My thread is here..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?328417-Old-RBS-Advanta-Card-***RESULT***

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello Scott,

Many thanks to your reply, I am really pleased that someone got back to me on this one! Lol!

I also read your thread with great interest and congratulations to you on getting your money back with interest!

I would do the same as you, but the only problem I have is that I don't have a copy of the agreement for my credit card, therefore I do not know exactly when my account started, all I know is that I started the account from roughly 1993 to 1996.

How do I found this out? RBS did give me an address to contact the PPI reclaim team. I suppose I need to contact them to find out when my account started? My only concern is that if RBS Credit Card Services are telling me that they have no statements or data on my credit card going back to pre October 2001, then how will the PPI Reclaim Team know?

I was looking at what dx suggested on your thread and work out the average I paid for PPI for each month that year and use it for the years I do not know what I paid for PPI. But again I cannot calculate to what year I started the account until I know what year I started it! Lol!

W40

Scott, I nearly forgot to mention - I currently have a complaint running with FOS over this situation about RBS not sending out statements pre Oct 2001. I have since complained to RBS Credit Card Services about this and they basically replied that my account was closed and its over 6 years old and they do not have any record of it pre Oct 2001.

So I have every intention of getting back to the FOS (As they told me to wait out until RBS came back with a resolution to my complaint) and get them to investigate this fully on my behalf.

Hi,

As you know you were paying PPI.

I would send in a claim including the FOS questionnaire.

They should then calculate all the premiums you have paid as they did with me.

When was the account closed RBS, the banks are only required to keep such records for 6 years from the date the account was closed.

The applies to all banks.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This may be an obvious question but have you check your own records?

Not everyone hoards like me, but you might have a box of old paperwork somewhere with earlier statements and even the agreement? Also if you can estimate to the month of the account being opened but CAN prove the existance of the account, you put pressure on them to deny when the account was opened and provide more accurate detail.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay been working late recently!

Scott - I would definitely look at sending in the FOS Complaint as well as the claim - but how can I claim when I cannot remember when my credit card started?

Brigadier2js - My account was closed on the 28th April 2004, that is well over 6 years ago. What I cannot understand why they would delete these records after 6 years but one month ago they sent me all of my current account statements going back to when I opened the account in 1989??? Is it one rule for one and one for another?

SabreSheep - Lol! Sadly I think my ex got rid of all of my statements at some point without my knowledge, probably another reason why I divorced her lol! Sadly I have nothing to show including the credit agreement which states when I opened this credit card account.

I can prove existence of the account as RBS sent me statements from 2001 to 2004. Sadly my memory cannot remember what year, let alone what month I started this account. Am I right in thinking that I have pretty much lost this one and can only claim from 2001 to 2004, even though I know I had the account from some point in the mid 1990's?

Thank you all for getting back to me guys, really appreciated!!

W40

Hi,

I wasn't sure when my card started, they don't need to know this. Send a letter saying you believe you were mis-sold PPI on your credit card and let them work out the rest, include a fully completed FOS Questionnaire.

My account was opened in 1996, I only got statements from 2001-2005 but was refunded my payments from 1996 onwards.

Good Morning Scott,

In that case I shall do that then. I will complete the FOS questionnaire and send that in with the complaint for mis-sold PPI

Many thanks for the info mate - I will put in a update on here as it goes along!

Cheers guys!

W40

I will complete the FOS questionnaire and send that in with the complaint for mis-sold PPI

Good luck with that, let us know how it goes :)