Help needed - DPA request Problems -GE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA letters sent to GE for Dorothy Perkins and Burtons Accounts, have just received the replies from both stating:-

"As we have previously provided you with a complete transaction history

in the form of your monthly statements we are not obliged to repeat these

details in a Data Protection disclosure.

I will respond to your request for disclosure by the 6th May 2006 but this

will not include a transaction history. If you do not wish me to proceed or

wish to request copy statements instead please let me know. Copy

statements carry a charge of £0.50 per copy.

Therefore please let me know by return, if you still require this

information or whether you wish me to destroy/return your payment. If no

response is received, your payment will be banked and the report compiled.

Anyone come across this one, not sure what to reply and am wondering what the report they are going to compile will be, any advise greatly appreciated.

This, surely, is no different to our 'banking' cases.

We have all previously received statements, but can then ask for this information again the DPA.

I know it doesn't help that I have no legal basis for saying it's wrong, but it just seems like they are pulling a fast one.

Why not phone the Information Commissioner's office - telephone: 01625 545 745

to clarify things?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Your letter was an exact copy of the one I received.

Cheeky monkey's had cashed the cheque I sent and then rambled on about the 50p surcharge per copy statement.

I just wrote back and said you have 5 days to comply with my request or I will contact IC to complain.

I'm still waiting... but only have a few days to go

Quite right - I would go to the IC now - they have actively refused to comply with the DPA - their letter proves it.

They will get a slap on the wrist and forced to comply.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I had this argument with them on the phone and they eventually backed down and said as a goodwill gesture they would send my statements out. But when they came they were incomplete, whole chunks missing. Strangely these seem to be the ones where my charges appear because there isn't one charge on the statements they sent me, and I KNOW I was charged by them!

So a DPA letter going out for the whole of my statements this time or I will IC them!

I always knew these would be b^*$%"£ds! They made my life a misery when I was a customer of theirs!

Sky

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

When you send the DPA letter, try and use the one from the library. This expands the request to include all details of manual intervention. Something suggests that they are going to play difficult with you, so it would be prudent to have a cast-iron request to back up any future claim. Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

What did the IC say? Did GE cash your cheque? I can see my going down this road with them very easily!

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

We sent Burtons DPA request off to them,when we first started on this forum,and didnt enclose a 10.00 cheque,we automatically do that now with first letter, have sent them a reminder about the 40 day limit but did not mention the missing fee and they havent mentioned it either, absolutely no response from them, so wrote and told them I was informing the IC office to complain about non compliance, I did this a couple of days ago by downloading the complaint form from the commisioners website.

We also have a New Look and Dorothy Perkins store card, also GE Money, neither of these have cashed the cheque yet which was sent to them on 4th April, have sent them both a reminder about their 40 day limit. Will keep you posted on what happens to any of these accounts

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks