New boss writing everything we all say on paper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend has been on holiday this week but after talking to a work mate it seems they have a new manager. They are making notes of everything you do and say without anybody being allowed to see what is being written down, does my gf or anybody else who works there have the right to see the notes? Her concern is that if anything happens the notes could be used against her and she would have no idea that what is written down, is what she actually said

In what capacity are they recording things? Official meeting? In a room? on the work floor?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cant see anything wrong with it, its like her just watching and remembering. Although if its used in meetings, you will be entitled to read it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Her main worry is that because she works with vulnerable children and serious issues with bullying, alcohol and such like happen and different government bodies investigate, this person may write things down to pass the blame onto my gf

I would say if they are going to write things down then you should record or write down yourself. If they object then in my opinion you just say you are writing this down then I will write this down or record.

Especially as this happened to me years ago the company recorded a conversion with me then used the recording in a disciplinary hearing 9 months later (How the hell can you remember an unimportant conversation 9 months later.

dpick

how paranoid is that??

of course a new boss is going to make notes to remind them what they have seen and want to address or praise!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

how paranoid is that??

of course a new boss is going to make notes to remind them what they have seen and want to address or praise!

My thoughts exactly.

So your saying my gf should accept that every word she says, even on her breaks (as has happened to others this week) can be written down and she has no choice... Thank god I don't work with you 2

In fairness your gf is on hols and hasn't even been in to the workplace yet! So she doesn't know what is really happening.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

And writing down is no different than watching or listening and remembering

Unfortunately this is happening in all sorts of organisations, whether openly or covertly. It is probably 'her way' of learning the organisation, rather than an 'official directive'.

I write down details of phone conversations in a pad on a daily basis, and also have a book where I record transactions I've done on the payroll system, this has come in handy when proving that I wasn't responsible for somebody NOT being paid what they believed they were due, as it was not due anyway!

Everyone has their own way of management and the fact that the manager is new should be viewed and analysed after a month. If the manager is still recording things three months down the line then raise it with their manager and ask if it has any real relevance to the work situation other than the manager being over vigilant.

unless she's expert in shorthand there's no way she's writing *everything* down anyway

There some jobs where it is essential to keep a record of the way people work and communicate with others, making these notes is

reasonable I think, only someone with " a reason" to be worried about this would find it a problem.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: