New company car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been working for a company for over 10 years with a fully experienced company car. The cars have always been owned by the company and in my contract it says that I am responsible for the car. Now they have decided to lease the cars and have told me I need to sign a contract with the lease company. I don't see why I should do this as I feel that its my employers responsibility to supply me a car? ( My contract covers the fact I need to look after it and pay fines ect) I will also loose some of the benefits such as being able to toke my car out the country on holiday. Can they do this or can I refuse to sign a contract with some company I don't want to?

Thanks in advance

Rin

So in effect they have changed your T&Conditions? Did they give you notice this was going to happen and did they negotiate these changes with you? I would not sign a contract with a lease company the car you use is supplied by the company so i personaly think its down to them to lease it and any clause such as looking after it or paying fines should be issued in writing to you by the company.

Hi

There was no notice or negotiations regarding this. Just called to get new car and everyone just accepted that they get a new car for signing a piece of paper.

Are you sure you're signing a lease? I would have thought the company would sign the lease for each vehicle and you would be signing to take responsibility for the vehicle while in your possession

We have leased cars and they can be taken out of the country - you just need to inform the lease company and they send you a European driver's pack.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ditto. Same here. A company car, where the driver is permitted to use it for personal AND business travel should be to all intents and purposes your own private vehicle for the period of the lease - including use for holidays abroad subject to certain conditions.

My car is leased but everything related to it is tied in with my contract of employment so I don't have a separate agreement with the lease company, however if that is what the company dictates then that is the way it probably has to be. No agreement = no company car - you can't dictate what arrangement the company uses to source fleet vehicles.

Look at the contract, challenge any clauses which appear to reduce the existing benefit, but as for refusing to sign? Probably not a good idea!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Does your contract of employment state the company will provide you with a vehicle to perform your duties ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.