Barclays Addition Account Fees

eatonhill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, i too realised i was being charged for having an additions account and i also noticed that i am being charged a small amount every month for overdraft ppi.

i have never asked for overdraft ppi so i went back through statements (all online as i don't keep statements past 7 years) and i found that originally it was put down as just ppi.

Regarding the additions account, as far as I'm concerned i was notified that my account was going to now be called an additions account. didn't think much of it at the time and therefore did nothing about it.

i had an online chat with barclays asking about the additions account and all i got asked about was would i like to cancel the account! That wasn't my question - duh! Since 1996 i haven't lived in the UK(apart from 3 months in 2000/2001) I had a BFPO address up until 2006 and since then i have resided in Europe.

My last question to them was about this account and whether it was valid as a non uk resident. Interestingly this account is not valid unless you live in the UK. Sorry about the long winded -ness but my question is Can i put a claim in for both the wrongful use of additions and ppi seeing as they shouldn't even have applied the additions account to me and i don't ever recall ever asking anything about ppi or overdraft ppi.

Also, if I'm going to make a complaint should i say that additions accounts came in 1998 even though i can't prove they were charging me for it then as i don't have the statements from then and they are not available online. I did find out that a BFPO address was only recognised as part of the UK postcode only in 2012 so i don't think they could say i could have been using this address and it would be part of the UK.

Any advice before i dive in and go through months of the runaround by Barclays would be much appreciated.

Edited by slick132
Spaced with paragraphs - easier to read

Hi Eatonhill and welcome to CAG

I've moved your post into your own new thread.

Also, added paragraphs to make the post easier to read.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

When you were told the a/c was going to be called an Additions a/c, were you told of any charges involved, or about any benefits that you would enjoy.

If you had a BFPO address, staff should have known if the a/c was inappropriate for you.

You should make a list from the data that you still have of :-

1. All Additions Fees charged on the a/c.

2. All PPI added to the a/c.

List the amounts separately on 2 spreadsheets using this link and let us know the approx totals for the PPI and the Additions Fees.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello slick132. First off, many thanks for your help.

I have only got bank statements going back to August 2010 which must be when i opted for paperless statements ( far easier when moving around the world but not good when trying to go back through banking history - oh well my mistake)

So going from the information i have the ppi paid was £ 156.80 (which was £3.20 per month)

The Account fee adds up to £647.50 (which was £12.50 increasing up to £13.50 per month)

Just a few other bits of information that might be useful

1. In 2010 the £3.20 payments were called "overdraft protection service charge - 400 items at £0.80/100"

2. The other charge was called Account fee, 1 item @ £12.50

3. In September 2011 the £3.20 charge changed to just "payment protection" ( no other information given)

4. In October 2011 the payment to Account fee increased by £1 to £13.50.

5. In November 2013 the charge for £3.20 changed its name again to "overdraft ppi"

I hope I've given you enough and thanks for looking at this for me. Just one other question, is there anyway i can retrieve older statements from anywhere or are they lost in the ether forever??????

Hi Eaton,

Send the bank a SAR with the £10 fee and they should supply all data they have about you for the last 6 years.

When you get that back, we can review the situation and advise how you can best proceed.

Hi Galatea

Thanks for your positive message and i hope that happens to me but somehow i reckon i will be in a fight with Barclays........ They re the most appalling bank with such a bad record and yet they keep on coming!

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am currently with the fos with a claim for mis-selling of account and o/d charges reclaim for financial hardship. The FOS seems to side with the bank and is asking for tocs of the accounts I held at the time, Additions, Additions plus and Premier. The bank has lied about products provided on these accounts and I need access to welcome packs and terms of conditions for the said accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am currently with the fos with a claim for mis-selling of account and o/d charges reclaim for financial hardship. The FOS seems to side with the bank and is asking for tocs of the accounts I held at the time, Additions, Additions plus and Premier. The bank has lied about products provided on these accounts and I need access to welcome packs and terms of conditions for the said accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

better to start a new thread

of your own

the threads you are tacking onto are very old

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...