• Tweets

• No you don't have to pay them.  it is their scam which the Courts know about. There was a classic case a few years ago that decided that £100 was not a penalty because that company had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear of cars that overstayed etc because they were there to maximise the availability of car park spaces. As Starbucks was closed in your case, Met have no legitimate interest so their £100 charge IS a penalty. Therefore the case would be thrown out. if they took you to Court and you turned up in Court to defend yourself. So no you shouldn't pay.
    • Thank you as always. Okay, will contact Tesco and will ignore the appeal, and will let you know what happens. You guys are superheroes.
    • A former Tesla engineer is in a decade-long battle with the car company, owned by Elon Musk.View the full article
    • what isn't working out....one very small issue, the rest is going perfectly fine. stop doing your usually running around waving arms and screaming on my god oh my god...sorry too used to you LMM even if you cant hold down a new bank account all is not lost .  ive not seen any reports that monzo refuse people  so go with them. pers as i said id NOT be using any switch service, as there are debts you want to stop paying and get them defaulted BEFORE you ever think of poss might could should pay them. its only a handful of stuff like rent/ctax/ etc that you need DD for ive not used DD's in almost 30yrs now nor use Standing orders, i do it by BACS each month priority bills first (can take roof from over my head if not paid) there REST all get paid if/when i've had the money. 2 well 3 things id dump too or get cheaper. cable/sat tv - ££6PCM . which i will is internet/tv/landline ? from whom that is very expensive. mine is £27PCM for 100MPS Broadband etc all in. 3 tv licence... who cant tell you are watching live tv even if you dont.... mobile phone £27? - go over to giffgaff no contract and as cheap as £6PCM even with mobile data (but use your home wf-fi when indoors!!) no need to keep using @Username, everyone that posted gets an alert like you do if someone posts. dx  
    • Critall windows date back to the 1880s but their steel construction makes them vulnerable to damp.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

shazbaz v Royal Bank Scotland

shazbaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

;) HI I sent off the Data Protection Act LETTER with the £10 cheque For the statements for an account that is closed.

I received a letter today stating that it is not possble for them to trace the account without the account number and sort code whether the account is open or closed.Because they use only numeric code for the identification of accounts.

where do i go from here?

any help please !!!!!

Hi SB, I had the same problem with a closed account and I still had an active account with them. Can I ask, are you still with RBS elsewhere (ie another account)? Have you changed addresses since it was closed?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Why don't you ring them out of the blue and ask them if they can locate your account number? If they ask why then feed em some crap like you need to confirm payments you sent to someone during the period your account was open (or something believable lol).

I guess you will be able to give them the sort code, the date it was closed and your details / address etc. You could probably even try in the branch you were in.

I can't believe for one minute they can't find you - think this is more likely to be delaying tactics than anything.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I'm trying to do the same thing for my girlfriend.

She has lived at the same address, and went into her old bank and asked for her old account number and they said no.

Is there any legal jargon my girlfriend can hit them with to get her old account number?

Data Protection Act perhaps.....

cheers.

I had the same problem with Lloyds, in that I had no trace of my account number and sort code.

I telephoned customer services who advised me to pop into my local branch with some ID and explain the situation.

I did this and they provided me with the details of the account no problem.

Darren :p

BOS - WON - £5.6k

------------------------------------------------

Virgin Mastercard - WON - £300

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

hi can anyone help?account closed with bank of scotland.have no account details.they say they cant help with statements without this information

I have lived at the same address all my life.

any suggestions please !!!! :)

Send a SAR - there is a template available on this site.

You do not need your account number - they have to give all information they hold about you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

HI I have sent the first letter and the £10 for the statements,

but they sent me a letter today stating it is not possible to trace my account without the account number and sort code.saying they use numeric code to

trace and identify accounts whether open or closed.

I have lived at the same address for the past 20 yrs.

What do i do now?

:) xxxx :)

• 4 weeks later...

update !!! I found some more information,The debt was passed on to a debt agency, I Have the reference number and the receipt of final payment,I sent these . But they still say they need the account number

And sort code, otherwise they can't help, time is running out what can i do now?Any Ideas please?

:confused: Thanks:confused:

Hi

This is were I'm stuck? I had an account with RBS which due to excessive charges ended up being passed on to a debt agency.

I paid this up in full about 3 years ago.I dont have the account number or sort code But still live at the same addresss.Anyway I sent off the data access request on 23rd oct with the name and address of the agency. REF number and the £10 recorded delivery

I am being fobbed of by them saying that without this information they cannot help with my request.

please advise?????? Do I send a non compliance letter now?

:confused: THANKS ANYONE :confused:

I was in a similar position with Lloyds. I popped into my local branch with my passport, NI number and address history and they gave me the sort code and account number there and then.

Sent my SAR, and they have responded saying they will furnish me with the info but that I will need to pick it up from my local branch as my home address is now different.

Hope this helps.

Darren :p

BOS - WON - £5.6k

Virgin Mastercard - WON - £300

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

Thanks !

The problem I have is the branch isn't there anymore,so I cant

do that, Any more Ideas. I even got in touch with the debt agency but they said they do not have the account numbers {data protection]

The 40 DAYS is almost up what do I do now?

:razz: HELP :p

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ?

PLEASE !!!!

When you say the debt company 'does not have number [data protection]' do you mean that they are claiming they can't give you them under data protection or that they haven't actually got them for your protection?

Because if it's the former then hit them with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

hi The debt company says they dont have the bank account number or sort code.even though the debt was passed to them.They say they never have the bank details, against the [data act] cause this is your personal information. Do you get what i'm saying? what now thanks

Gotcha...Well I would try the Passport/NI/ID method at the next nearest branch, on the basis that they probably got all the business from your branch when it closed. Or you could ask customer services where the business was moved to....

Hi

Do you think I should send another letter as the 40 days are up

and they have still got my £10.I suspect they want me to give up

as it seems like a hassle now,any help in what to write or should I just send the 2nd letter?

:confused: THANKS :confused: ANYONE :confused:

Erm, I think there's a template for when they haven't given you data after 40 days. And I think you have to report them to the Data Comissioners for non-compliance. Clarification anyone?

• 1 month later...

Hi I received statements today from RBS after sending off the non compliance letter,

Have been through them and sent off the peliminary letter for refund recorded delivery today.

The wait begins!! Fingers crossed xxxxx

:rolleyes: shazzy:rolleyes: