Homeless from repossession - willing to live anywhere!

veganite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?430453-Second-reposession!&p=4590049#post4590049

has background info into what caused this homelessness.

I need to find some emergency accommodation for a tenant since my house was repossessed by the bank without myself or the tenant knowing about repossession.

The house was a Buy To Let mortgage, so I assume the tenant does have rights with my bank?

In the meantime, I would like to try and help the tenant find emergency housing. This is urgent and the tenant is willing to live anywhere in UK. And he does mean anywhere... Since he is desperate!

Tenant can easily get another job quickly as can work anywhere as it is programming / internet work -- although needs somewhere to live!

Another question: Since the mortgage company surely realised there is a tenant in the property (since it is a Buy To Let mortgage), then is the mortgage company responsible for any financial loss suffered by tenant? (eg, loss of their possessions, loss of their job, costs of emergency housing etc)

Thanks!

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

hi Keyzer, thanks for your help!

errors in my first post - the house was not repossessed, it was placed under control of LPA receivers (again without mine or the tenants knowledge).

The tenant is no longer homeless, having contacted a housing association and being offered accommodation. (cobalt housing in Liverpool)

For anyone else who stumbles across this thread, then this link provides a lot of advice with homelessness: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/help_from_the_council_when_homeless/applying_as_homeless

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

• 10 months later...