Will anyone employ you after 5 years unemployment?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am 37 and left my job in 2009 to do a one year post grad degree. After finishing that course I spent about a year and a half on jobseekers applying for 1000's of jobs (any job going) and then as my health worsened I moved on to ESA in the support group which is where I currently am.

Unfortunately my health isn't really better but I have been wondering that if my health did improve would I be able to get any sort of job anyway?

Will employers consider a 37 year old woman with a history of chronic health issues and a 5 year employment gap?

If may be more difficult to get a job but its certainly possible, especially if you have the required skills and are able to demonstrate that you have a positive attitude. Its not that uncommon for people your age to take a few years off work for al sorts of reasons.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

It is possible but not impossible. Have you thought about running your own business. There is help out there for people who want to start their own business. Look at Enterprise Nation and the Government Start Up Loans. Maybe it's a good time to look at your own expertise, knowledge and skills and consider trying to monetize

them. Maybe you have a hobby you can teach to others or was there something you always wanted to do before your health got bad. People are doing all sorts and their innovation never ceases to amaze. There are loads of free courses at Libraries, through Eventbrite etc you can look at and consider your options. Instead of worrying about whether someone will employ you maybe earning a living by doing something you like and enjoy will improve your health. I believe jobseekers also do a loan although the limit is quite small and usually if you take that route you would not qualify for a start up loans. The start up loan partners have loads of free events on eventbrite so why not go along to one. The loan is more dependent upon you, your idea and the business plan and the forecasts. Most of the partners will help you do these so it's not a problem at all. Give it some thought can't hurt might help. Did for me!