Highview Parking and Debt Recovery Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd post this so that everyone can have a giggle.

Back in April of this year, I received a Parking Charge Notice from Highview (as NTK). I ignored it.

Then I got another, and I ignored that too. Then another. Guess what :|

Then it all got serious lol. I got a letter (threat) from Debt Recovery Plus ltd, that if I didn't pay £149.99 they'd instruct their clients to take me to court. I ignored it.

Then another letter arrived, which I also ignored.

So.. This morning, I get yet another letter, but I decided to reply to this one via email.

Dear Sirs.

Thank you for your most gracious offer of a reduced payment of £120.00. I have however decided to decline.

I have not, up until now, responded to any of your (or your clients) letters and threats of court action, as your client has no case, and therefore, I have no case to answer.

Please instruct your clients to proceed with court action, where I will be delighted to humiliate them in front of the judge.

The basis of my defence is that while the vehicle was there on the day in question, as mentioned on the original Parking Charge Notice. It was not there for the time(s) as noted on the same.

I took my partner to work that day, she works in Tesco's (at Yate Shopping Centre), and then took the vehicle home with me as I and it, had an appointment that morning for its annual MOT inspection. After dropping her at the door of Tesco, I went into the garage (attached to the site) to fill up with fuel and then dropped the vehicle off at a garage in XXX, Bristol (some 7 miles away from Yate and the car park in question) for it's MOT. It passed by the way. See below and/or attachment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52373[/ATTACH]

The letter continued.

If your client can come up with a way that a vehicle can be in two places at the same time, I'd be interested in hearing their theories, as I am sure, would the entire worlds scientific community.

Your clients should take a careful look at their site plan, and study the lines of sight of the ANPR camera equipment that they have installed there, I have, I used to fit CCTV equipment for a living. If they need any advice I'd be delighted to assist, I charge a very reasonable hourly rate.

They will notice that the cameras DO NOT cover the entrance to the petrol station forecourt. And whilst they do cover the exit of the same, they would not be able to read the index of a vehicle if there happened to be another vehicle directly behind it!

When I dropped my partner off, I was on site no longer than 15 minutes. And then I returned at lunch time to pick her up, which is when your clients ANPR cameras detected my vehicle leaving the site.

I have been supplied no photographic evidence of any kind that proves that the vehicle was on site for the entire period. In fact, there can be no such evidence, as the vehicle wasn't there!

I look forward to seeing see them in court, where I too shall be making an application to recover my costs in defending this action.

I would humbly suggest that you instruct your client to wind their necks in.

I wonder what they'll send me next :smile:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Dont forget, DR+ will file this in the bin and not say a thing to their clients as they are paid to send out threatening letters, not to make decisions.

However, if their clients are stupid enough to start a civil claim against you as ling as you have a copy of this and proof of it being sent then DR+ by not passing it on will lose the claim against you for their clients.

I would think that this will be the last you hear from DR+, they only get paid to send out 3 or 4 letters and if you hear from Highview, you can tell them to read your email to DR+ and then sod off.

Oh yes, I keep all my emails and the headers will show exactly when it was sent, plus I've already had the automatic response from DR+ to say that they've received it.

Let the games begin :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Awww, it seems that DR+ / Highview Parking have bottled it.

Just had an email from DR+ to say...

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm this account has now been closed as requested by our client.

Kind Regards

Shame really, I was quite looking forward to showing them up in court.

Maybe next time :wink: