'Living in' at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please tell me if Landlord & Tenant law applies to residential accommodation that is part of the job, even though no 'rent' is being paid? I'm talking about premises above a pub which the manager uses to 'live in'.

I can't seem to find a section on CAG that relates to L&T, so have posed my question here, in hope.

I guess it would depend on what agreements there are. Sorry can't be of any more help. Perhaps if you post further details such as why you want to know this then someone with more knowledge can help you.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Thanks Veganite. It's complex, and lengthy. The whole saga includes several breaches of the employment act, and TUPE. But I understand that a landlord does not have the right to show prospective new 'tenants' around a property, when you haven't given notice, nor the right of access (non emergency) without notice or even worse, secretly without the tenant's knowledge. But whether that applies in this situation, I simply don't know.

Hi Tinkerb

Please be patient as I am sure the caggers will be along to advise you.

1. How long have they been employed?

2. How are they paid?

3. Do they receive Payslips?

4. You mention Tupe could you please give a brief summary of what led to this

5. Have you written to the Employer request a copy of your contract?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for replying Stu. Continuous employment for over 3 years; paid by bacs, monthly, all documented with pay slips.

The TUPE is a saga in itself, I had a thread earlier this year with problems. But it has reared it's ugly head again, with the employer leasing the premises to another party instead of operating it themselves. They are not honouring (again) TUPE, as a result OH (my husband) has resigned with immediate effect, as the employer/employee trust has been destroyed.

Written statement of particulars has never been provided. Earlier this year it was brought up (again) and there was promises (by email) of getting it sorted, which has never happened. None of the staff have one!

I'm reasonably familiar with all the employment stuff, but not about other things, like the landlord and tenant stuff.

Hi Tinkerb

For Reference to Assist Tinkerb Tupe Thread is here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?417514-TUPE-help-please

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

oh Tinkerb, I am not sure he should have resigned!

I'd say the accommodation even if not documented is conditional on employment. Get house hunting FAST!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Emmzzi, the resignation really was forced. He has been lied to so many times, the trust has well and truly gone. We have somewhere to live as we never gave up our full time home (thankfully) and have been living separately. We spent a reasonable amount of £'s on the flat accommodation, which we would never have done if it was 'temporary'. I suppose I should put the whole saga together on one thread. But I think it would take so long to write, and subsequently read, and would probably be quite boring, lol

But, there's also some info that is difficult to put, on a public forum.

However on a pure stats basis, it's pretty much "game over" ET wise as soon as you resign. Also, do you want the stress of it all? Sounds like it's been awful so far!

I would get him out of the unhealthy environment and focus on moving on with your life asap. They sound like rubbish employers, well shot of them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!