Loan Interest

sijowa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Just working out how i can squeeze every possible penny back out of RBS. Most of the charges on our account come from two periods when things went abit wobbly, once at the end of last year(which lead to the account defaulting) and once in 2002. In 2002 we had a £800 overdraft limit and ended up £1670 overdrawn of which £700 was charges, this was resolved by us talking a loan of £1700 off them to clear the balance, the loan was the only option they gave us to resolve the situation and ended up costing us £3509 over 5 years. My question is would we be entitled to claim back the interest charged on £700(the amount of charges) of the loan?

my partner thinks that we would maybe to be able to claim all of the interest back because if it wasn't for the charges we would not have needed the loan, but i think that this would be pushing things too far.

any advice on this would be gratefully recieved.

Simon

I'm sure more expert opinions will come at some point, by I did raise this question myself recently and I believe that the answer is yes.....If you can show that the £700 was solely charges and then calculate the interest just on this amount you should be entitled to claim that back along with the charges themselves (which you are probably already doing). Remember - the interest is money they have made on the back of unlawful charges therefore, they should not be entitled to it.

If you search my threads there is one I opened asking about this (I was in a similar situation to yourself) and a couple of the mods have responded. That should give you some idea.....

Good luck!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Should be plenty of other cases around you can use to read up on. Search on "consolidation" up top, would imagine there are loads of examples you can use...

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!