Fare Evasion matter in Tier 2 visa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am applying for Tier 2 visa in two days and just found out that I am supposed to mention in the application if I ever had any fare evasion case. Actually 2 years back i was convicted of train fare evasion and i pleaded NOT guilty and wrote back when I received summons from the court, after which I also went for a hearing and they asked me for proof whichI was unable to provide so I paid the penalty to get rid of the issue and not to carry on the case in that case i had to plead guilty and pay.

Now I am not sure if this is a criminal offence and should I mention this in my visa application form.

Please help me out if possible.

Thanks

Hello

I am applying for Tier 2 visa in two days and just found out that I am supposed to mention in the application if I ever had any fare evasion case. Actually 2 years back i was convicted of train fare evasion and i pleaded NOT guilty and wrote back when I received summons from the court, after which I also went for a hearing and they asked me for proof whichI was unable to provide so I paid the penalty to get rid of the issue and not to carry on the case in that case i had to plead guilty and pay.

Now I am not sure if this is a criminal offence and should I mention this in my visa application form.

Please help me out if possible.

Thanks

If it went to a magistrates court 2 years ago, and you plead guilty or were found guilty, and you had to pay a fine : you need to declare it on a Tier 2 visa application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300833/T2_Combined_Form___Help_04-14.pdf

Page 49, sections F1 and F2.

Thanks for the reply!!

Yes I went to the Hammersmith magistrates court and did pay a fine. I will mention it on my application but is this considered as a criminal offence.

What was the summons for?

Or, rather more importantly : what did you plead guilty to?

I can't see how it isn't a criminal offence, but the details would confirm it.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am applying for family settlement visa from Pakistan, In oct 2012, I had been caught by TFL inspector for wrongly used Oyster, I had plead guilty of this offence and paid fine in the court, I want to ask if I use this information in my visa application.

Thank you