• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A Couple Of Queries ***WON!!!!!!***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks from another member for pointing me to where to post been looking all day. Wanting to help son who as learning/physical disabilities he as an account with Lloyds Tsb for last couple of years hese had an account he pays £7 a month for he gets free breakdown for his scooter and insurance for his mobile etc.

He as a £700 overdraft he has gone over the agreed amount on a few occasions and had charges On October 1st he had a £70 charge and a £90 charge he complained and the manager who is a lovely chap said he could give him one back but that was all he was allowed to do, he also prewarned him that a further charge of £90 and £10 was due on 1st November for a returned direct debit and going over his overdraft, from viewing his account on line I cannot see anywhere where is only direct debit of £13 as been returned, and he as nearly always put is account back into credit before end of banking on the day

I want to help him and know that he as had 2 different accounts in last 2 years as the manager said his 1st account was for children and that he shouldn`t have been on that account from becoming an adult so now his account and number are different hence on the on line banking I can only go back 2 years looking at his statements then it`s a dead end, please advise what to do next, I have said he should open another account say at Nat West which is the only other bank in our town would he be able to open one he doesn`t work through is health etc his partner gets their joint money in her name as she is his carer which doesn`t go in the bank but he does have DLA going in the bank monthly, I should asume his credit rating is poor

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to send in a DPA SAR Letter in the bank templates library in my sig, was the bank aware of your sons learning difficulties when they made him change his account? if so they should've been able to keep him on his old account i would've thought as he obviously cant handle financial responsibilities which please believe me i am not blaming him for! He himself would be better off getting a very basic account with only a cashcard so that he cant draw out money he hasnt got and his g/f could transfer money into it for him online.

hope this helps?

Hya Laura, if you look in the Lloyds bank thread's, I'm freebird's flightpath..and how !

I empathise..I went round in circles for the first few weeks and couldn't remember where I seen threads, I was interested in..and I kept getting lost..

some on here might say I'm still lost..lol....

but now when I read something I'd like to follow I click on permalink by the scales on the dark blue border, then as well as following "new post" and coming in to the Lloyds section I can also quickly look at the threads I'm following by clicking on "quick links" at the top of the page......

If you ask your questions in the Lloyds section there's usually always someone around some time during the day, to help you out..good luck and keep in touch.

Freebird x(p.s. I too have a daughter with a disabilty/learning difficulty)

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Thanks so much freebird I have found things so daunting as you all must have at some stage probably this is what the banks hope for, I have been reading things all night and trying to get my head round it all, like yourself it`s finding things that`s been the hardest been last hour looking for my post as to be able to post on it LOL posts I have read show we are all human as looks like some have and still are struggling with the complications of it all, nice to talk to someone else who have children in similar position my lad as a learning age of 10 years hese a constant worry to me especially as hese in his own home, more than likely you will be posting help to me as I can assure you I will need plenty talk about thick LoL

Hi LAura at the top of this thread you will see the tool bar _-_ blue stripe _-_

User CP FAQ Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links CAG Chat Room Classifieds Log Out

clicking User Cp (user control panel) will show you any 'threads' you have posted in, should make it easier for you to navigate the site

hope this helps

Keep the Faith

S

Hi Laura

No worries - we all started new once. The forum is a wealth of information and my advice would be to print anything off that you find interesting or useful. I've kept plastic wallets labelled up with things like 'default information', 'court bundle', 'Limitation Act', 'Account closure', 'good wording to use when the bank has asked for a stay', etc etc. Please don't be alarmed by all that - it's extra stuff you learn along the way by reading all the different stories on these threads. Do beware - Lloyds are known to be one of the 'sticky' ones who will try and make you sweat it out. So long as you are not desperate for the money, you won't feel the pressure - they'll pay out in the end and quite frankly - with your son having difficulties, he should have been treated with extra kid gloves and looked after much, much better than the treatment he's received. You go get 'em, girl!!!

p.s Laura, and any time you need a private chat.....send me a private message and I'll get back to you asap...I know how tough things can get sometimes.....

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Hi Laura, Just got your private message - it looks like you are on your way and have the info here that you needed. best wishes and good luck,

Cat

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

the sar is a request you send to the bank to receive details of you charges.

you can send this request to their registered address

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

I Know what the SAR is my question as been misunderstood, Michael Browne kindly gave me the address yesterday but what i am getting at is I have since then been given 2 different addresses my query was which is the correct one is it London, Birmingham or Andover

I took mine into my local branch ( way back in June) and they sent it in their internal mail...........but I'm sure the reply came from Birmigham

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

The Address to write to for a SARS is

Mr Chris Brown

Copy Statement Unit

Account Services

Group Operations

Swallow House

10 Swallow Street

Birmingham

B1 2AL

This is where they deal with this part of the process as the the title of the address sugests.

DO NOT USE THE PO BOX NUMBER 139

adamski

I just want to clear something up, don't get stressed about what exact address to send your sar to, I personally sent mine to their registered head office, however you have received two other good addresses there, they are all active Lloyds addresses, it doesnt matter which or who you send the request to , it will get re routed internally, I would however go with Michael's address if you are really sticky about having a definate address, otherwise the one I used for ALL my correspondance was the Gresham Street address.

Thanks for all the information and postings especially from Steve about where to find things spoke to my friend in business today he said that others have commented to him about how difficult this site is to make out I find it a nightmare I hope it eases. Sent off today for the Data stuff son signed the letter and I sent it Recorded, was shocked to read tonight that infact some cases do get into court I was led to believe they don`t get that far so how would I go on as I`m doing all the work yet it`s son`s claim as such he couldn`t possibly represent himself he wouldn`t understand any or it

The very few cases that have been to court have been either allocation hearings or case management conferences. These are 'pre-trial' and not actually hearing the case.

If, and it's an enormous if, your son had to appear in court, you would be able to act as his lay representative and present the case on his behalf. But don't worry, it will almost certainly never come to this.

Laura, try not to worry, although it's a possibility that we might "have" to go to court, you can bet a pound to a penny if anyone had to actually go to court..there's be oh so much support for you and if it was a hearing tween yourself and the bank.......you wouldnt't be left on your own, everyone on here would do their damdest to help you out !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

My son is due another £100 penalty charge on 1st November with Lloyds Tsb does he have to accept this charge or can he state it should not be took whilst he is in dispute with the bank? also these £1 charges for overseas transactions will he be able to claim these back on his claim with the unfair penalty charges or are these a seperate issue?

Steve

Not rung Lloyds Tsb but son says his £100 charge as not gone out today? strange as I have not started anything with them other than send for Sars last week. The £1 overseas charges are by the bank for every time you use your card abroad, and I read somewhere on one of the threads that a lady on here claimed them back?