Commission entitlement during notice period?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I handed my resignation in on Monday and am required to work 4 weeks notice,

My manager has given me a project in which I know I will be unable to see through till the end,

Commission is paid upon the final balance paid by the customer, when I doubt I will be working there but all the work will have been completed by myself. I advised today that due to this I thought someone else may be better suited to the task, to which the response was 'we haven't even won the job yet, we will worry about that later'

Where do I stand on this? as I feel I am being taken advantage of due to the fact that the commission will be paid after I have left so I probably wont receive it.

There is nothin in my contract to outline procedure on commission,

Please help me clear this up, many thanks

Hello!

I am afraid I think you are rather stuffed if there is nothing in your contract. Sorry :(

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hello!

I am afraid I think you are rather stuffed if there is nothing in your contract. Sorry :(

Hi, thank you for coming back to me

That's how I feel! Even if its been the practice for x years? I'm sure there's a phrase for what I mean ...

Hi, thank you for coming back to me

That's how I feel! Even if its been the practice for x years? I'm sure there's a phrase for what I mean ...

Custom and practice? I'm not saying it applies, just asking if that is what you're searching for. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well, they aren't saying they won't pay you commission. They're just making it impossible for you to earn it. Shady but I think not illegal.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hello!

I have checked my contract (all 1 page of it) and commission is noted, but not in terms of procedure when you leave

Don't know if this makes a difference?

I doubt it, but what's the exact wording?

X% payable on all sales, in line with company's commission policy

The policy will be in company hand book which we have no access to

SO they're not breaching that. They're just making it difficult to get sales.

you know this though, don't you :(