1 Stop Financial Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was wondering if anyone had any dealings with this company. Both directors have been banned by the FCA. It has been suggested that they gave bad or no advice on high risk pension products.

We are currently dealing with a complaint from a customer about miss selling and are encouraging him to go through the FSCS but he fears he might face tax charges.

It looks like 1 stop financial services operated a 'pension liberation' scheme which means our customer may be liable for additional tax charges (55%) of the total pension pot. Although he only received around £6000 from his pension (valued at 120,000 before the transfer, now valued at £55,000) he could face a potential tax charge of around £61,000.

The customer advised he was told this is a golden hello from the company for using them and had no idea what was going on.

My question is has anyone went to the FSCS about this firm or any other pension liberation scheme?

Kind regards

UKCA

UKCA? Could you please clarify? Dealing with a complaint for a customer?

As for your question is it https://www.1ststop.co.uk/ ?

I mean this company

http://www.fca.org.uk/static/documents/final-notices/timothy-adrian-hughes.pdf

Apologies we are a small social enterprise who do free complaints advice. I'm one of their volunteers.

thanks

• 5 months later...

Hello. Yes - 1 stop financial services, Haverfordwest. I invested £123,000 on their advice, 2 years ago. It now worth about £1,000.

I have approached a solicitor who is raising the complaint.

I was told i'd double my money inside of a year.

Great advice!

Since, I've been homeless, had two strokes and am virtually bankrupt.

Looking forward to retirement!