style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in Nov 2013 I was put at risk of redundancy and had 3 months for the final decision.

I've worked for the company over 2 1/2 years and was very successful.. Anyway I was offered a position with in the company on a trial period/probation of 3 months which was up on May23rd.

Well today 4 June I was informed that it's been extended one month 23rd of June ...

I've not been giving the reason why it's been extended still wait to find out why

Can this be done / is it expectable business conduct ...

Thanks

A trial period for redundancy purposes lasts one month. After that time, they either offer you the post, or you take a statutory redundancy payment.

The problem I can see here is that they cannot just terminate your contract, as you've been placed into a new role which is not redundant. If it isn't working out, they will need to look at finding you another role, or exiting you from the business on capability grounds (which would be very risky for them) as the role you're doing now is not redundant (unless it's envisaged it will be in the future, in which case they will need to start the consultation again with the new role)!

I suspect it may end up with a Settlement Agreement if they do want you out, as it certainly wouldn't be risk free for them to try and dismiss you now, as it sounds like they have made a couple of mistakes here!

Ok Thanks

Just one more thing the role I'm in at present is to support the staff doing my old job .(they relocated the position up north) I was offered a position but for less money). So this position never existed before. So reading between the lines it was never going to be long term position however I as lead to believe l would move in to alterative position in around 6 months time.

Thanks