PIP - terminal illness isn't existing anymore since 2012

Lebleuet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm wondering what your thoughts are and if I can/should do something.

The father of a friend had a serious heart problem and his condition was really bad in January '12. The doctor said he won't survive so he claimed PIP because of terminal illness.

Luckily his condition changed and he was much better end of '12, where they bought a fancy new car. At least I thought they bought it.

I had some discussions with him about benefits the last few months, where he told me that he's still claiming PIP on the highest rates and he received the car for free. He was able to choose one and he has some free miles with paid petrol.

His last medical checks were great and in my opinion he would be able to work. (he should do some exercises for his heart, but he prefers to stay at home and watch tv allday)

I asked him if the PIP department or DWP ask about his condition and he laughed and said "they think I'm still dying so they won't ask questions"

I feel really sick when I think about it, because they having a great life with full wages from his wife (full-time worker) + free car + full PIP and going on holidays all the time while my partner has a medical condition and is waiting for his PIP (and ESA) since last year October. Nevertheless there thousand other people who need even more help and support and don't receive it.

Is it possible to do anything or just wait until DWP contact him again?

Thank you very much!

I think he is obliged to let the DWP know of his change of circumstances.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

PIP has nothing to do with working. You can claim PIP under the special rules (fot terminal illness) if your death can reasonably expected within 6 months. I know under DLA, it can be awarded for a maximum of 3 years. Unsure how long it's awarded for under PIP.

The car isn't free - its paid for out of his benefits.

I get the impression that you sound bitter about this.

The car IS NOT free - it is a motability car and costs around £200p/m out of DLA - I know, my Father gets it so whilst others turn their noses up and wonder how he can afford a brandnew car he is actually paying for it and ir is NOT free at all. People need to get their facts right before commenting, a disability car is used for motability issues and like most I would guess they were more able bodied and not on DLA but they are through illness.

Thank you nystamite and essexmat for your answers.

To be honest I didn't know the fact about the car, the person told me that the car and some miles are for free. It was a bit misleading that I compared PIP with "able to work" - sorry for that - because I know both is possible.

I'm annoyed about about this man, because he's bragging all the time how easy it is to fool the system and if they catch him he'll declare himself bankrupt, leave the country etc. In my opinion it's just not right.

Yes, people who receive DLA or PIP Mobility Components can sacrifice some of their cash payments and use them to pay for a car instead. The cost of a Motability car is less than most other folks would pay for the same vehicle, but it isn't "free" by any stretch of the imagination.

If the condition on which his PIP was awarded has improved, he needs to declare that to the DWP. Should there be an issue of fraud (and I'm not saying that there is) then declaring bankruptcy will not save him from criminal prosecution or civil recovery of any overpayment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

if the blokes been diagnosed by doctors etc and got disability pyments,why are you bothered?,its a fact the DWP don't chuck money out willy nilly,you don't personally know what the blokes real medical condition is,you seem to be miffed that hes doing ok,get on with your own life and do yourself a favour,if this person is doing something illegal,underhand he will get caught soon enough.

I should also add that even if an award of benefit is based on a DS1500 form ("Special Conditions") the claimant is not committing fraud by failing to die within the specified time frame.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I should also add that even if an award of benefit is based on a DS1500 form ("Special Conditions") the claimant is not committing fraud by failing to die within the specified time frame.

Please don't give IDS any more ideas ... :scared: