Can I stay at my girlfriends place while on JSA?

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend works full time and she rents a place on her own. Am I allowed (im on jobseekers) to stay at her place for say 4 days a week?

I've been told by other people that I can't do that while on Jobseekers :/

Also she earns £20,000 and I would LOVE to live with her but can I? I don't think I will be able to get tax credits to live on as I think she is over the limit for £20k.

Just wondering really as in the future would love to live with her but no way near that stage yet lol!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

if you live with you g/f then you will not get JSA far as I know, only know this as when my daughter moved in with her b/f her JSA was stopped as he is working, hopefully someone else better informed will help more

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi!

Yes you can live with her, but you won't receive any JSA because of her income. If your partner is over 25 she would be able to claim working tax credits. As far as I know you can only get tax credits if you're working or have a child.

Ain't it a joke that I can't live with her on JSA!!!! Jsa I thought was for the person for themselves to find a job etc...

So I can't EVEN stay round her's over night now? :/

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

sure you can live with her, just get a job

Are you trying to get yourself placed on moderation?

Stop this. Right now. Not a request.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.