style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry I am new here so I don't know if I'm in the right place but I'm hoping someone can help me.

My husband has recieved a letter from the council chasing council tax from about 10 years ago on his old property. After he had moved out they chased some overdue bills which he paid and everything has been quiet until now. Now he has recieved a bill and he is adament he paid them when he moved out so why would they be chasing now, all this time later? We don't really know where to start, any help/advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post to the right forum for your problem. This is purely administrative and you need do nothing.

As to your issue. Write and ask for a full breakdown of how they have arrived at this alleged debt and to include all payments made by your husband.

As it is they who are making this demand, they should provide this info. Once you have that, you could contact your bank to see if they have statements going back that far as I bet you have not kept receipts.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you silverfox. I will write to them as advised and see what happens. Knowing my husband as I do he definitely won't have receipts and probably paid cash. Thank you again.