Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default RBS C/Card Late Payment Fees reclaim

I have finally received SARicon details re ongoing PPI claim with RBSicon Mastercard and after reviewing various statements noticed quite a few late payment fee charges for 20.

I am sure I can reclaim these and if so can anyone kindly point me in the right direction as to what spreadsheet I need to use to calculate refund ?

Default Re: RBS C/Card Late Payment Fees reclaim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ET-OFF**/page4

Quite a good reference thread there. It is for Barclaycard but the preparation etc should still apply

Quote Originally Posted by SabreSheep View Post

Quite a good reference thread there. It is for Barclaycard but the preparation etc should still apply
    Ok many thanks and will have a read of thread.

Cheers g/l

Quote Originally Posted by SabreSheep View Post

Further to the above, can anyone confirm where I can locate Credit Card Reclaim spreadsheet details thanks ?

Here you go

CISheet v101.xls

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by ims21 View Post
    Here you go

CISheet v101.xls
    Many thanks ims

So use this one for Credit Card Fee / Charges reclaim ?

Would you have a link for appropriate letter ? Do have some sort of one that I successfully used for reclaim of Welcome fees but wondered if it would differ for Credit Card fees ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baz1994 View Post
    Many thanks ims

So use this one for Credit Card Fee / Charges reclaim ?

Would you have a link for appropriate letter ? Do have some sort of one that I successfully used for reclaim of Welcome fees but wondered if it would differ for Credit Card fees ?
    Also do you have link to PPIicon reclaim spreadsheet thanks ? And can I still enter details even though I have a couple of years missing statements ? (I am still trying to locate them but wanted to start the ball rolling with what I have)

Sure, here you go

FosRunningPPI v102.xls

Ideally you should have all of the statements to fill this one in but you may be able to estimate the behaviour of the account on those couple of missing statements.

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Follows
    Following

Sure, here you go

FosRunningPPI v102.xls

Ideally you should have all of the statements to fill this one in but you may be able to estimate the behaviour of the account on those couple of missing statements.
    Many thanks ims and I will see how what I can do with what I have until I locate missing statements.

If I need any help I will let you know

Cheers

Hi, just an up-date on the situation regarding charges reclaim.

Just received a very brief response from RBSicon denying my claim on the basis that I was aware of the charges when I opened the account and that they are deemed fair in relation to costs. There is no mention of 6 yearsicon time-barred or any independent investigations, just that If I wasn't happy with decision that I can take it to fosicon.

What next, do I just reply with a letter before actionicon ? Any advice would be appreciated.

fosicon won't be interested in credit card charges claims.

If you want them back then the only way will be to challenge them in the courts.

The procedure would be to issue an lbaicon and then of they still fail to pay up then you issue in court.

Don't threaten court unless you actually intend to go through with it. You must also be prepared to go all the way which could well end up with your arguing your case in front of a judge.

Follows
    Following

fosicon won't be interested in credit card charges claims.

If you want them back then the only way will be to challenge them in the courts.

The procedure would be to issue an lbaicon and then of they still fail to pay up then you issue in court.

Don't threaten court unless you actually intend to go through with it. You must also be prepared to go all the way which could well end up with your arguing your case in front of a judge.
    Thanks for your reply ims.

Sorry to sound ignorant but why would FOS not be interested ?

With credit card charges reclaims they will side with the lender and reach the decision that the charges are ok.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Baz1994 View Post
    Thanks for your reply ims.

Sorry to sound ignorant but why would fosicon not be interested ?
    Even though they are in excess of 12 ? I thought that there was a ruling that confirmed this ?

Not a ruling as such, simply that the OFT (as it was then) said that they would not investigate charges at a level of 12 or less on credit card accounts.

fosicon overwhelmingly decide in the favour of the lenders with charges claims. Even if they did find in your favour they would almost certainly simply get the lender to repay the excess between the charge applied and the 12.

If you want all of the charges back then court would be the route to take but only you can decide whether that route is for you.

Follows
    Following

Not a ruling as such, simply that the OFT (as it was then) said that they would not investigate charges at a level of 12 or less on credit card accounts.

fosicon overwhelmingly decide in the favour of the lenders with charges claims. Even if they did find in your favour they would almost certainly simply get the lender to repay the excess between the charge applied and the 12.

If you want all of the charges back then court would be the route to take but only you can decide whether that route is for you.
    OK many thanks again ims, maybe one to sleep on as to which option to take.