No Cold Callers, Warning to Cold Callers, I Do Not Recognise You **Checked Oct 2015*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No Cold Callers Template

No Cold Callers.pdf

Warning to Cold Callers Template

Warning to Cold Callers.pdf

I Do Not Recognise You Nominated Neighbour Template

I Do Not Recognise You A5.pdf

• Haha 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a 'No Cold Callers' message on my door for the past year, and it's made no difference at all - they all just ignore it. Door-to-door sellers and charity collectors are actually told to ignore them (that's what they tell me).

Depending on my mood when I answer the door, I either just silently point at the message, or ask whether they can read. Most say they didn't see it, the rest say they saw it but ignored it.

Just sayin'.

I've had a 'No Cold Callers' message on my door for the past year, and it's made no difference at all - they all just ignore it. Door-to-door sellers and charity collectors are actually told to ignore them (that's what they tell me).

Depending on my mood when I answer the door, I either just silently point at the message, or ask whether they can read. Most say they didn't see it, the rest say they saw it but ignored it.

Just sayin'.

Same here, I use to be polite but now I go and say cant you ******* read.

Depending on my mood when I answer the door, I either just silently point at the message, or ask whether they can read.

Or as I have done in the past, ask for their ID badge. Once it is in your hand, inform them that you need to confirm their identity and close the door on them....... Eventually, they will knock again and ask for the ID badge back - At which point, you tell them that you have failed to confirm their identity and cut the badge up.

I am now on that company's black list and they have never returned :madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Charity callers are a pain, ignoring clear 'No Cold Callers' signs every time. They tell me they are exempt, I tell them I've called the Police.

A double glazing guy was even seen climbing on someone's garden wall to rip off a 'no cold calling zone' sign the Neighbourhood Watch people had put up !

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

@cus42

Thank you for letting us know of your issue opening the PDFs in Adobe Acrobat professional, I have just checked the PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro and the only issue is that it takes longer to open each PDF as they are Protected PDFs.

Please try them again and just give it time to open the PDF and if you have any further issues please let us know.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Both of those are awful, Hillards. You despair, don't you?

HB

Yes, a lot and quite often ;-)

I also have 'no cold callers' signs up with the Police logo on, a rep from a well known double glazing company claimed he could not read. I go into Victor Meldrew mode and report 'em - although it does not seem to do a lot of good. I had one follow up visit from a PCSO after the same charity knocked on the door two weeks running.

I make a point of telling such callers that I have no way of knowing they are real, anyone can make ID cards and get cheap glossy leaflets (Vistaprint do samples for free!) and if they have not made an appointment then they are not welcome. :-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

We used to get the gangs of 'ex-offenders' selling inferior cleaning products. They were hard to get rid of and turned up far too often.

Then one day I mentioned to one of them that I knew it wasn't his fault, but that this had been mentioned on the interweb and the local police were interested. I haven't seen them since. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 7 months later...