Faster Payments. Payments to Argos Store Card.

Geocyper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I made a final payment, using my online faster payment service on the 3/05/2014, of the amount outstanding on my Argos card.

The payment was due to day the 7/05/2014. I checked my Argos statement online, the amount outstanding is still on my account.

I rang them, they said the payment takes five days to reach their account. I stated my bank said "it was in you account within 2 hours" they said yes, but the bank has to them pass it on to us "the store card company", this is why it takes 5 days.

I have been told as the payment has not reached them before today 7/05/2014 interest will be charged, is this bollocks:madgrin:, as it sounds it to me?

Any thoughts welcomed.

I think that you need to look at their T&Cs. Does it say that payments must be received within xx days of their statement date?. If it does, then they are right.

However, right or not - how much is the charge? Does it reflect administrative losses?

• Confused 1

Hi BankFooder, it says the payments made direct to them take 48 hours to clear. I have been making payments online for a year now, I assumed it was straight to them, no other reason to think not. The information differentiating regarding payments to "them" and the "bank" are not clear. I did not relies I was paying two different companies. :violin:

I will not be notified the amount of any charges until my next statement.:shock:

Thanks for your input.

I'm afraid that I think that you are bound by their 48 hour rule. The best thing now is to look at the level of charges and see if they are worth challenging for their disproportionality

I'm afraid that I think that you are bound by their 48 hour rule. The best thing now is to look at the level of charges and see if they are worth challenging for their disproportionality

Hi. They told me it takes five days for payment to clear on phone today. I paid account off on the 4/05/2014, it was due to be paid off by the 7/05/2014. I checked the website it says it's 48 hrs, so one is saying 48 hrs the other 5 days.

I told them I had paid it on the 4/05/2014 and it cleared in their account within 2 hours, they say yes' but their bank has to send it to Argos store card, which takes 5 days. So I'm confused.

I'm sorry for not being clear