Court Fees = Updated Oct 2023

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 10 months later...

Kept this quiet didn't they ?

Controversial rises in court fees will come into force next Monday barring a parliamentary upset, the Gazette can reveal.

The 5% levy on all claims over £10,000, up to and including claims valued at £200,000, was approved at the delegated legislation committee stage in the House of Commons last week.

A further debate will be held in the Lords this week, and subject to clearing that hurdle the fees will come into force on 9 March.

The Law Society, other legal professional bodies and judges have condemned the changes as a threat to access to justice. Under the new scheme all money claims of more than £10,000 that go to court will be charged 5% of the value of that claim.

Read the full article -

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/5047192.article?utm_source=dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GAZ020315

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Some case studies were done showing the impact...

The Society said it has collected case studies from solicitors showing what impact the fees would have on ordinary people seeking justice.

One concerned a pensioner with a claim against a financial adviser for the loss of his entire pension fund, for which the fee for applying to begin court proceedings will increase from £910 to £5,000.

Another case study found that a young girl with brain damage due to a failure by doctors to diagnose meningitis as a toddler will now require £10,000 to mount any fight for a secure financial settlement.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The proposed increase in the N244 fee from £155 to £255 is also going to make it very difficult for public to make applications that honestly, in many cases where they are a defendant, they should have the right to make for free.

£155 was taking 'the proverbial' somewhat to start with.

I agree, Ganymede, it sounds like disempowering ordinary people.

HB

The Law Society, along with other professional legal bodies, have sent a letter before action notifying the MoJ that they are going to take this to a Judicial Review.

Hopefully the fee increases can be reversed.

The fee increase which is coming in next week should only affect claims for more than £10,000. I personally don't feel too strongly about this. Hopefully the MOJ will use the money to improve the service offered in the county courts, which can sometimes be an utter shambles, but I'm not holding my breath.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I agree, Ganymede, it sounds like disempowering ordinary people.

HB

Thats the conservatives for ya.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fees-for-civil-and-family-courts/court-fees-for-the-high-court-county-court-and-family-court

In possession claims the fee for issuing proceedings will be increasing from

£280 to £355 and for those who lodge online through PCOL from £250 to £325

In general applications within civil proceedings the fees will be increasing

from £155 to £255 for an application on notice and from £50 to £100 for an application

by consent/without notice.

These increases will not apply to general applications made within protection from harassment claims or applications for a payment out of court funds.

Nor will they apply for applications within insolvency proceedings where the existing fees for general applications will continue to apply

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• Andyorch changed the title to Court Fees = updated Aug 2020
  • 1 month later...

• Andyorch changed the title to Court Fees = updated May 2021
  • 5 months later...

Pay civil or family court fees or tribunal fees, get help with fees if you're on a low income or getting benefits.
WWW.GOV.UK

Find out the main fees if you need to make a MoneyClaim, get a divorce, or you are involved in another type of case in the civil or family courts.

• Andyorch changed the title to Court Fees = Updated Oct 2023
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks