Clivey888 v RBS Help with MCOL required please

clivey888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have received a fob off letter from RBS last friday after LBA basicly stating that charges are fair and will not refund.

A little history about this is that 3 years ago my bank card was left in my local branch when i requested a dd to be cancelled, The card was handed over to lady to take account number i then went back to work forgeting my card, After i rec tel call at work stating my signed card was left there and would i like them to put in post, I stated no i will come and collect, The lady then stated it's no problem which i agreed.

My bank card was sent out to me normal post not recorded or special and was stolen resulting in funds to the tune of £600 being stolen from account by means of purchases in different shops to the calue of £50, I rec no apology from the bank and to make matters worse the lady in question lied and said i had requested it to be posted......I was fuming and stated i would be leaving and would pay the overdraft on my account and the joint account back £200 a month to clear £3000 they refused and wanted all back straight away which i couldn't do, This then escalated to there collections whom passed on to debt collection to whom i have been paying each month to clear.

Last month i phoned my local branch and to my surprise spoke with the lady that actuall sent my card in the post 3 years ago whom could not be any more helpful and got me my statements with no charge or questions asked after 3 days.....Wonder why she did that lol....

I then sent request for charges to be repaid with no interest and rec letter back stating that they were investigating then i rec letter stating charges fair etc and to liase with debt collection firm after my LBA refusing any refund.

They have made there position clear and would like to now do a MCOL but am confused about how to word this on line, Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

The sum i am claiming is £2116 charges plus 8% interest = total £2762.04

Also what can i expect them to do after the MCOL and what is the time scale.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Hi Clive,

First of all if its 14 days since you sent the LBA then moneyclaim is the next step, there is a template for the wording in the library.

Just take your time and post here what you're writing before you submit if you want somone to check it over for you!

Once MCOL is submitted the bank have 14 days to acknowledge the claim and then a further 14 days to enter a defence.

If you read around the forum there are lots of us who have been in the same position and there is help to most questions on the threads, but if you need any further help just post here!

Stacy xx

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!