• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Co-op Current account/Personal Loan merged upon default.

Tim-S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive decided to nip this is the bud before it spirals out of control.

Lowells wrote to me...again today (the usual junk).

Ive been looking at similar threads but can't find anything.

When my account was defaulted back in 2009,

i had a loan with them,

they plonked the personal loan into the current account and piled it all together, totalling around £4300.

The account number Lowells have supplied corresponds to my old current account.

I'd like to know how exactly it added up to that much.

I have read that i can't send a CCA?

I sent off for a SAR a about 6 weeks ago,

i received a response about 2 weeks later that they couldn't find anything within 6 years.

They needed account numbers, previous addresses and needed me to sign the SAR,

i have done so and returned it to them today recorded delivery.

I'd like to get Lowells dealt with before they even pick up momentum.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can send a CCA to Lowell as there was a Loan involved.

Coop in theory shouldnt have merged the 2 accounts but they have.

Raise a complaint with Lowell if you are unhappy as I would imagine they now OWN the debt.

Check your credit file and see what appears on it.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You can send a CCA to Lowell as there was a Loan involved.

Coop in theory shouldnt have merged the 2 accounts but they have.

Raise a complaint with Lowell if you are unhappy as I would imagine they now OWN the debt.

Check your credit file and see what appears on it.

Didn't think of that. It says current account on Noddle.

In theory, if it owes that much on a current account would that be overdrawn?

The letters I received (2 of for 2 different debts with them, both identically worded).

We want to help you clear your account.

We know it can be hard managing your finances and we are willing to be flexible with you. However we do need to hear from you so that we can set up an arrangement and prevent any further action taking place.

This debt is not going to go away and ignoring the problem could make things worse for you. We have said in previous we require payment in full or if you cannot shots to pay it off in one go you can pay monthly.

Pay from £1 per day.

On so on ....

Bearing in mind the last 2 identical letters I received were from them 3 months ago saying they were escalating the accounts to their legal department (Hamptons).

I'm currently defending another account they via Bryan Carter, not sure if they know this? (Claim has been issued and I've refused their consent).

I've not bothered to contact any creditors in 3 years or more.

Do I issue them with CCA's just to shoot them down at range?

I racked up a lot of debt back in 2007 and lost track of anything. I want proof of what is what.

Point out the merging of the accounts to Ms Sara de Tute Director of legal and compliance at the Lowell Group.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Point out the merging of the accounts to Ms Sara de Tute Director of legal and compliance at the Lowell Group.

I don't have any proof of this. I just vaguely remember this happening I think.

The account numbers are the same as my old current account, I know this because I still have my very first debit card.

I did consider sending the "prove it letter".

Wanted to seek advice off you guys before proceeding.

Yes send the prove it letter, remember to refer to "the alleged debt" and do not acknowledge any liability, send to Ms de Tute.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes send the prove it letter, remember to refer to "the alleged debt" and do not acknowledge any liability, send to Ms de Tute.

I'll get that typed up later :-)

Regarding the other identical letter I received for an old credit card, would that call for a CCA or prove it?

If you know what they are begging for, and it is a CC (pre2007) then you could send them a CCA request, using whatever reference/account number they have quoted.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The merging of two entirely separate accounts, which fall under totally different parts of the CCA, and will have different T&C's is a definite no non.

The FCA would take a very dim view of this, and if they were ever dumb enough to con a judge into attempting to enforce this, then he wouldn't be too pleased either when it is pointed out to him.

I would just be demanding the CCA under whatever ref/account number they have quoted, and see how far they get with that.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The prove it letter went out today altered to suit me. Went 2nd class recorded.

Let's see where it goes.

My second SAR is in progress so I'll see where that ends up.

I'll be requesting the CCA I think once she replies.

• 2 weeks later...
The prove it letter went out today altered to suit me. Went 2nd class recorded.

Let's see where it goes.

My second SAR is in progress so I'll see where that ends up.

I'll be requesting the CCA I think once she replies.

I think it's got lost?

Item ABCD1234 was posted at "your local store" on 15/04/14 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

I think it's got lost?

Item ABCD1234 was posted at "your local store" on 15/04/14 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

A thought did you use an address for Lowell with a PO Box number? There is always a problem with RD letters when these are used with Lowell also with 2nd Class RD delivery will be affected by the bank hols.

A thought did you use an address for Lowell with a PO Box number? There is always a problem with RD letters when these are used with Lowell also with 2nd Class RD delivery will be affected by the bank hols.

In my experience, it's a euphemism for, "we think that we have lost it, but it could be that we delivered it, but couldn't be @rsed to get a signature, after all, you're only a customer, in truth we don't know, and don't care"

I have a pile of slips here, that have brought the same result

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I took the address from this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400441-Unknown-default-from-Three

Address:

Private & Confidential

For The Personal Attention of

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Suppose its had 6 working days.

Another possible alternative:

What would happen if the loan was paid using the current account, leaving the current account overdrawn and the loan paid?

I'm going to give the letter til the end of the week, if no response of signs of delivery i'm just fire off a CCA request.

This happened to me with a HSBC account.

I did a SAR but it wasn't particularly illuminating.

I can only assume that they used their right to set off the balance of the loan to the current account (effectively they paid the loan off).

I have yet to see case law or a good explanation of why this is a no-no (although I have seen a lot of opinions from some very well experienced and qualified people). I have been trying to find this information in a format that could be used in a defence to a claim.

In my case, the sum demanded from the DCA contained the whole of the balance of an account covered by the relevant sections of the CCA , so I requested a copy of the agreement and the notice of assignment so that I could confirm the sum demanded and their legal right to do so. They failed on both counts.

I disputed the "account". Unsurprisingly, they have not been able to resolve my dispute.

Another possible alternative:

What would happen if the loan was paid using the current account, leaving the current account overdrawn and the loan paid?

I'm going to give the letter til the end of the week, if no response of signs of delivery i'm just fire off a CCA request.

I have yet to see case law or a good explanation of why this is a no-no (although I have seen a lot of opinions from some very well experienced and qualified people). I have been trying to find this information in a format that could be used in a defence to a claim.

So have I !

Pretty much it can be argued that, a Loan has it's own T&C's with it's own interest rate, whereas an Overdraft, will have a completely different set of T&C's and interest rate.

So to amalgamate them both together without your knowledge would leave you at a serious disadvantage, and this would be deemed unfair practices using BCOBS, or if a credit card has been lumped in with an overdraft it would be questionable under COBS.

Plus it goes without saying that if they have fabricated a new acco8unt number, then any request for the CCA using that Acct number will be impossible to provide, not only that you will be able to show that you a) didn't sign the agreement, b) Knew nothing of it until they merged two separate account and gave it a new Acct number.

The reason that there is no case Law regarding this, is simply because they have been caught out prior to issuing legal proceedings and their legal teams have advised that they should indeed separate the accounts and chase individually, this is especially important when they have merged accounts to bring the total balance above £750. (The BR threshold)

That's my opinion on it, well how I see it, hopefully I'm not too far from the truth?

Well the account number in question relates to the old current account.

I'm awaiting the second shot at the SAR, and the first response from the SAR is that because so much time had passed, nothing was available.

Do i send a repeat "prove it" to Ms De Tute as i don't think the first will arrive, or just send a CCA request?

No I would wait, let sleeping dogs lie.

The longer they take to respond simply shows just how 'urgent' and 'important' these issues really are.

Letter tennis is tedious and expensive.

As for SAR's 40 Calender days in which to comply, or it gets escalated to the ICO for investigation.

No I would wait, let sleeping dogs lie.

The longer they take to respond simply shows just how 'urgent' and 'important' these issues really are.

Letter tennis is tedious and expensive.

As for SAR's 40 Calender days in which to comply, or it gets escalated to the ICO for investigation.

*IF* the letter has actually been received. I want at least one letter on their desk.

At least if i send a CCA it has a countdown timer with it?

Opinion?

SAR #2 has been 14 days.

So did get a response from the "prove it letter" today, and i send the CCA letter yesterday :lol:

Pretty generic letter, not even from MS De Tute, pffffft.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us recently.

I confirm that your complaint has now been passed to the customer relations department who will carry out a thorough investigation. We will investigate this as quickly as possible as we can but we may need to contact you for further information or to provide you with an update. (Oh really, you bought the "debt", and you hassle me, and yet you need me to provide you with info. You guys need to get things in order before you start these things)

If we can contact you by telephone, we will be able to discuss your concerns directly with you and hopefully agree a resolution with you verbally (yeah and thats as good as the paper its written on). This is the quickest and easiest way for us to resolve this for you.

I would like to assure you that the account will be place on hold, and we will stop all collections activity whilst dealing with your complaint.

We enclose a copy of our internal complaints procedure for your information. Please take your time to read this, as it explains fully the steps we will follow in responding to your complaint.

In the meantime, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact my team by calling the free.....yes free! telephone number which brings you directly through to the customer relations department.

Questions:

Will receiving the CCA letter this week affect this response?

And i have another "proof letter" winging its way to just Lowells P.O Box this week, i assume that i'll just get a repeat response of this?

Tim... who is the complaints advisor here who is dealing with it?

Id give them a little chance here, I actually think Lowell's CR is reasonable for what Lowell are.

But also i agree that it should be kept in writing :), But like i said they did wonders for me :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis