Loan Maker Broker/Advantage/ADV2/Paragon/MARS - Secured 2nd charge debt consolidation Loan May 2007 - still owe more than i borrowed!!

Well a court wont expect anyone to have the odd 24K hanging around to meet their demands...as long as you can prove that you will be able to pay the arrears from here on at a set affordable monthly payment along with your standard monthly payment... it will be suspended.

Have read of the following sticky prepared by our resident expert Ell-enn

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you

I am pretty nervous but looking at the evidence I have of 20 plus emails asking them for payment arrangement .. sending numerous income/expenditures .. asking since May this year not to have to talk on phone..

I haven’t just ignored them only their calls And asking continually why my mental health has been bad and asking why I haven’t paid and being bullied over the phone is why.

They say that it wasn’t too late and call them but when I did nope they didn’t want to know at all.

What was the basis of your N244 application..?

Have you submitted a budget sheet ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I didn’t submit anything other than my reasons for the hearing .

. I did make sure to state my affordability and that i would get everything for the hearing.

They only told me today that they wouldn’t accept payment and so within an hour of that I had done n244 form paid and got a date for two days before eviction.

I have income / exp , job letter , copies of all emails I’ve sent since mY 2018

I need to make my statement concise to the judge can see right away

I have medical notes

Complaint to paragon

And now a complaint to FOS

I have SAR and unfair charges and relationship info from stephensons solicitors but that’s not relevant right now to it is it

Do I have enough.. how do I make things concise so the judge sees my proposal and see paragon haven’t acted correctly but also my affordability.

Last question I promise .

I wasn’t able to take in all my witness statement and evidence etc to go with the n244 forms.

My hearing is at 12noon shall I take it in at 9 ish for the courts to give the judge beforehand.???

found an old thread for history too and merged

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stop panicking..

its the e/end people as busy

you cant do anything till Monday anyway..

they are closed

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you read back in this thread

you already travelled this road atleast once here and again in your other thread

read and follow those past examples.

and they

anything that helps you and explains [briefly] why you got in this position and why you can now pay it.

and they

Then say so if its relevant

But remember its just a hearing not an exam about the debt make up

What you really have never abided by is the use of phonecalls and emails advise we keep giving....

You MUST stop ringing them

And you must stop and block their emails...totally..

They are treating you like a fool as you keep jumping everytime they pull your string

..block them...

It makes your position 10 times worse..stop calls and emails !!

and they

you do neither you WRITE you make them write

and when this is done you hit them with all these charges that in 2009/11/14 you were told to do and never did

the loan is probably only their charges now anyway.+ 50% interest each month, they should only be going for eviction on the main account anyway all the charges must be in a sub account and cannot be included in any eviction process.

they are ALL unlawful

and they

mThey said to me on the phone

.. that most of the payment each month is interest and can I really afford that?

My plan is to get this out the way hopefully ( as circumstances changed and I now have a job first time since 2011) pay them the cmi plus £100 and then spend two years getting my credit rating up or how ever long it takes and in that time investigate again these charges and what I’ve actually paid over the years.

I have 13 years left of the loan apparently.

I am going to then once credit better as I have plenty of equity I will add onto mortgage or remortgage so debt is at a better rate but I’ll be trying for a settlement figure once we see what charges come off..

That’s the future in mean time i need the judge to see I can afford which I have proof of .. I’ve made this months payment yesterday early.

. I have proof they have ignored me since May when I asked for a payment plan.. hopefully i stand a chance???

I just don’t know how much detail or what the judge will think is relevant

Will I be able to go early to hearing and add my statement and my income/ exp etc to the file?

Does the judge read before going in to room??

I didn’t get a chance to do a statement Friday as it was a rushed n244 .

I want to appear organised .

I just needed to makes sure I got a hearing booked in for Monday

Yes I have an income / exp i did for step change

Shows I now have the income .

I wasn’t working from 2011 due to having a breakdown which was caused by paragon

initially my dad took over for a bit and we complained to fos due to a catalogue of errors and harassing by them and sought a solicitor

They agreed to a reduced payment for a year.

I now have a job and we can afford payments .

I have been working hard to pay all other debts and tried to stay in touch with paragon but they ignored me since May

then said they were applying for possession but it was ok we could work something out but they then said no they can’t .

i have been printing out all i need, does anyone have anything else i may need

Did u need to see it ?

Yes draft a statement and get to court a little earlier and ask the the Court Usher to place a copy in the file for the DJ....along with you budget statement and proposal.

Go and relax and watch some TV

Apologies, I've not been able to get online over the weekend - hopefully you managed to get suggestions for your N244 from the repossession guide Andyorch posted earlier in the thread. How did it go today?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.