SHIPLY - again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yet another dissatisfied customer. I live in France and because bedding is so dear here ordered a mattress in January delivered to my daughter in the UK. I'd already found the Shiply site and had a quote. Of course, the mattress was collected but never delivered and I am £600 out of pocket. Small beer compared to some of the complaints here, but just another reason never to go near them.

ETA I have discussed at length the problem with my bank today and they were most interested to hear of the 18 pages of complaints here. They say they are reviewing the company's acceptance as a supplier. Yes or no, we have nothing to lose. my bank is Lloyds, and maybe if we all try, we can get them well and truly screwed.

Edited by lowdrag

• 2 weeks later...

Shiply Again,

I have just been conned by Shiply too - the agreed Shipper cancelled because his van broke down within 1 hour of paying the Booking Charge and now Shiply will not refund the money paid. It is not the £13 I care about it is the fact that they dare withhold it, this sort of thing doesn't happen here I thought. I have opened a Complaint with Trading Standards, PayPal and their main revenue source EBay, I will also be sending a letter to Watchdog. May I ask everyone who has been conned by this Sharp Business to consider doing the same. Trading Standards etc... can only act when they get a significant number of complaints (The ASA has already ruled against Shiply in 2012 and Shiply has seemingly ignored this ruling, I have sent out Screen Shots of their Website to a number of Organisations regarding legality.

I think I read that there are 17 pages at least on this Website alone with complaints against Shiply, the more people that make a complaint to recognized bodies the more likely we are going to be able to stop this shameful business.

• 3 months later...

I booked a courier through Shiply.co.uk. The courier collected the item (£1000 desk) but failed to deliver it. They ignored all subsequent emails and telephone calls. Shiply use a feedback rating system that does little to protect you from random acts of stealing. Surely if people aren’t receiving their deliveries Shiply would have an ethical duty to respond? Unfortunately this is not the case. I complained to Shiply and they explained they don’t get involved with disputes and it was up to me to verify the couriers details. However courier details on the Shiply web site are completely inadequate and don’t provide company names or addresses. Nor is it made particularly clear the importance of doing this.

Shiply control the gateway, but remain completely passive. The result is a ‘Wild West’ environment where anyone can become a victim of theft with few options available to them. Shiply are content to collect their fees from unscrupulous couriers and victims alike.

• 3 months later...

Have used Shiply since it first started, had a nightmare recently with a company with absolutely no comms. Had to relist delivery! Need a refund for first agreement as delivery company were deadbeat! Ended up agreeing through Shiply with someone else who has collected and delivered for me before - here is my mail to shiply (BTW HAVE SPENT AN HOUR QUEUEING ON SHIPLY PHONE NUMBER OVER 2 DAYS AND NOT GOT THROUGH TO ANYONE

Hi,

On sunday I put up a delivery on your site, I had several quotes and then accepted on on basis that the collection would be Wednesday or Thursday. By Wednesday despite calling emailing and trying other numbers no one had contacted me. When I spoke to someone, she said I was not on the list for yesterday or today. She called the driver and he had no knowledge of the job.

I tried to call you at Shiply, but waited 35 mins and was in a queue.Then I tried again this morning and queued for about 10 mins and had to go to work.

I then got an email from the collection agent saying he would collect. I said the seller did not know he had to be in and why hadn't they returned any calls emails and the reception girl said she had no knowledge of collection and nor did driver who she called.

I need to cancel this job asap as I have found someone else I used before who emailed me when i put the job up on shiply again. The rogue person who did not confirm or get back to me was TFlogist1 (1571) I need a refund as someone else has now collected via shiply.

Thank - you

sarah

• 3 years later...