style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying for months to get an ECO Grant for a new boiler and insulation, and have encountered non stop problems.

1) I went through a website "Fine Energy Savings" they went over the criteria for myself and the boiler and advised I qualified, it was referred onto 2 companies, one for a boiler the other to do insulation, however both firms thought they were doing both, so a lot of confussion, it settled on one firm and they also checked that I qualified and arranged a free survey, I heard nothing so I contaced the firm, who advised me that all funding had been stopped until the new tax year in April and it would have been impossible to inform everyone.

2) I checked online and could not confirm anything about ECO funding being stopped, so went to another website "Energy Savings Advice Trust"? They said they checked with the DWP and I was not on the correct benefits, I advised I was and had already been approved and I could send them copies of letters from the DWP, they then said you may as well apply directly to your energy supplier E-ON and gave me a number to call.

3) I telephoned E-ON and they advised even though I was on the correct benefit and the boiler which is faulty was D rated complied, that we could still not get an ECO grant as the boiler has to be not working at all now, I advsied it was not working last week, that I am disabled and the council had to pay for a repair, she just said apply next time the boiler is not working, no mention of any insulation grant?

4) I looked again online and could see nothing to cofirm the criteria had changed where the boiler had to be not working at all so I contacted the "Energy Savings Advice Trust" again to see it they could throw any light on these new changes, all they kept repeating was they were impartial and cannot comment on any advice given by others, I pushed them and they said they were not aware of any changes to the criteria for obtaining an ECO grant.

Has anyone else had this problem, I believe it has something to do with the Government not pushing the energy companies so hard on ECO in return for freezing their energy prices?

Not sure where to go from here, I am severely disabled and our home has not had any inprovements in 25 years, all windows doors all faulty with draughts and rain. I know there is the Green Deal but that would involve a large debt with high interest.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Bernie

Hiya Bernie,

I'm sorry you;re having such a bad time with this, I don't really think it should be so difficult.

We have a page on the website dedicated to this and all of the information is there, this is also where you can apply and check you're eligible.

I'm sorry I'm not allowed to post links :ohwell:

We also have a dedicated team that deal with this specifically, I think we need to get you in contact with them to be honest.

You can contact me and I can sort it from there.

Helena :-)

Hi Helena

Thank you very much for your help, I would very much appreciate if you could get me talking to the right people at E-ON, the number I was given to phone at E-ON was the department that dealt with ECO Grants and the lady at E-ON was adamant that I could not apply for a grant until the boiler had stopped working so there would be no point talking to her again. Yesterday I went onto another website that does ECO boiler replacements and left my details, they have tried to contact me but I am worried I will end up going around in circles again as these are only middle people who end up going to my energy supplier E-ON.

Thank you again, I await your instructions

Kind Regards

Bernie

Hi Helena

Thank you very much for your help, I would very much appreciate if you could get me talking to the right people at E-ON, the number I was given to phone at E-ON was the department that dealt with ECO Grants and the lady at E-ON was adamant that I could not apply for a grant until the boiler had stopped working so there would be no point talking to her again. Yesterday I went onto another website that does ECO boiler replacements and left my details, they have tried to contact me but I am worried I will end up going around in circles again as these are only middle people who end up going to my energy supplier E-ON.

Thank you again, I await your instructions

Kind Regards

Bernie

No problems Bernie,

If you can email your phone number and full address to me at [email protected] I'll get on to it today for you..

Thanks

Helena

A very big thank you to Helena, who has worked at lightening speed for me, Ihave received a phone call from E-ON this afternoon who have taken all mydetails and put the wheels in motion for our ECO Grant.

To anyone else who is applying for a grant, I believe there is less moneyavailable for these grants and now even if you and your boiler qualify they aretrying to help those most in need by targeting those whose boilers have stoppedworking altogether, (this is not official as the criteria has not been changed)my boiler is old, D Rated, faulty and keeps breaking down and I had to apply tothe council recently for another "small repairs" grant to get it upand running again, and now its cutting out again, it is not energy efficient orcost effective to keep it so we should be ok.

Thank you again to Helena and the Consumer Forum who have helped me and myfamily so much over recent years.

Best Wishes

Bernie

A very big thank you to Helena, who has worked at lightening speed for me, Ihave received a phone call from E-ON this afternoon who have taken all mydetails and put the wheels in motion for our ECO Grant.

To anyone else who is applying for a grant, I believe there is less moneyavailable for these grants and now even if you and your boiler qualify they aretrying to help those most in need by targeting those whose boilers have stoppedworking altogether, (this is not official as the criteria has not been changed)my boiler is old, D Rated, faulty and keeps breaking down and I had to apply tothe council recently for another "small repairs" grant to get it upand running again, and now its cutting out again, it is not energy efficient orcost effective to keep it so we should be ok.

Thank you again to Helena and the Consumer Forum who have helped me and myfamily so much over recent years.

Best Wishes

Bernie

Brilliant!! and thank you:-)

I'm so please things are going in the right direction.

Helena x