Here's my letter fighting a PCN!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Please see a letter I sent in May this year to a company where I parked my car in a supermarket car park which has a 3 hour time limit, and I went over that!

This letter may be useful though if you had parked anywhere else!!

By the way, my ticket was cancelled within 2 days!!

To Whom It May Concern:

Ref: 92743

I am writing with regards to the above parking ticket, which was placed on my vehicle on 04th May 2006.

I wish to formally make an appeal against this ticket on the grounds set out below.

The PCN issued contains the date of alleged parking infringement – however, it does not state the date of issue. This is not in accordance with Section 66 of The Road Traffic Act 1991. Therefore, this ticket is invalid. Should there be any doubt in this matter, I refer you to a ruling made by PTAS in February 2006, which must be followed by way of Statutory Interpretation.

The vehicle was also parked in Waitrose due to it overheating on my way to work in Northolt Road. I could not move the vehicle until it had sufficient time to cool down and water could be placed into the engine safely.

The Department for Transport guidance circular says ‘..when carrying out prescribed functions, and issuing a PCN in one such, [parking attendants] are subject to the Parking Attendants (Wearing of Uniforms) (London) regulations 1993’. In these guidelines, it states that parking attendants should be wearing headgear during enforcement activity. On the day in question, when returning to my vehicle, I noted that the attendant was not wearing the [headgear] in question.

May I also point out that your ticket does not clearly state how to appeal against the issue of the notice, which again may well be illegal.

On the basis of the above points, it is clear that this ticket is invalid and cannot be legally enforced. Should any further action be commenced against myself with regards to this ticket, I will have no further hesitate but to refer this matter into the hands of either PTAS or a Civil Court.

I would be grateful if you would confirm receipt of this letter within 7 days, and request that should you disagree, you must inform me in writing no less that 14 days before commencing any action relating to the alleged offence.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Haha 1

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)