Phoenix Business Agents a BIG [problem]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am another victim of Phoenix Business agents who are very good at [problem]ming innocent people like myself who just wanted to sell my business.

I did not approach them instead they somehow got details of my business on sale and approached me.

They made it sound ever so promising and very good at selling that they talked their way into selling my business.

They said they would market the business and would be able to sell my business within 6 months and with a high price.

They initially said that there is no fee until the business is sold and when the agent had come he had started talking about a fee of £1250.00

as he called it a deposit and he did promise me that it is 100% refundable if they are not able to sell my business.

I then paid him as he talked me into this as he was very talented in this trade.

This was the worst decision i had made as they are the worst unprofessional company i have dealt with.

The agent that had come said my business would be on the internet within days with photographs

so that potential buyers can view the business but

to my surprise this was not the case even after a whole month of waiting and chasing them.

Each time i called them about my business being on the website or photographs

they made up a story and said it would be up in a few days

when they finally got it up without photographs that was then at two months time

by then i realised that they are not going to sell my business.

When i had not received any phone calls from any potential buyers

i had realised their unfaithful motives i decided to terminate my contract and

then the agent had started to come out with a story of their fees which i was not told or made aware of.

The agent that i spoke with said if i wanted to terminate before 6 month period i would have to pay £3000.00

and if i went over 6 months i would have to pay £6000.00.

The agent that initially visited me had never mentioned this i asked time and time again if there was any hidden fees or charges

he made it clear that there was not not any fees until they actually sold my business.

Now they are harassing me with several letters asking me a fee of £7550.00

which they are not entitled to and i have not signed any agreement of.

Please can i ask for some help and advice and where to go and what to do as they are pestering me.

I think you should get together all you have from them and then send them a letter by signed for asking for your deposit back as they did not give you a time limit nor did they give you a copy of any terms and conditions but you were told that the deposit was refundable if it wasn't sold.

It wasn't sold so now you are requesting a return of the deposit.

When they answers with bull, send them another letter by recorded and give them 10 days to refund you. When the next bull letter comes, send them a final letter headed 'Letter Before Action' and again give them 10 days and say that action to recover will be taken without any further correspondence.

It will cost you about £40 to take them to court and can be started on line https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome