A Question about sickness

vsl_2603
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my last signing day, my knee locked before I was able to sign on, so I filled in a sickness form and this has been approved.

I completed the date I will be well again to be the full 14 days as I wasn't sure how long my knee would take to feel strong again, I have a cartilage problem so once it locks once, it tends to do it again a few times before settling down.

Now as I completed the date I will be well will be my next signing day - I completed sick from 3rd - 17th March

My question is

Do I have to go and sign on this day?

Or do I miss it as technically I am still sick?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

If you declared yourself sick from the 3rd to the 17th March inclusive, that's actually 15 days, not 14. Strictly speaking, JCP staff should have questioned that.

I advise that you attend and sign, and hope no-one notices.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Let me rephrase my last post - you should sign on the 17th because, should someone question this JSA28 (sickness form) at a later date, you can say that you miscounted the days but you did actually turn up and sign on the 15th day, so you were indeed fit for work. As you have said in your post that you genuinely will be well again, that's the best approach.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the knee, It will randomly lock, it is also very painful when using steps, My GP thinks that it is unlikely to improve, And as a result my good side ,(my foot )wears out soles my footwear prematurely , I feel that i should be able to claim for this, as being on only the pre assessment rate of ESA i can't afford to keep buying shoes ,

The DWP will only allow you to non attend through sickness or other reasons iirc 3 times in any 12mths period without being sanctioned , this may of been changed since the con dumbs got in power so the number of times maybe less now

:Jobseekers and Sickness:

Jobseekers are allowed two periods of sickness, of up to fourteen days each, during each complete twelve months from the start of the claim. Completion of a JSA28 form with acceptable details of the sickness, allows the claimant to be treated, and paid benefit, as actively seeking employment during the sickness.

Disputes about other reasons for non attendance; bereavement, childcare problems, domestic emergencies, etcetera, are referred to a Jobcentreplus decision maker for determination of whether the reason constitutes good cause for the non attendance.

Margaret.