Are arrears cumulative or consecutive? Defaults, CRAs etc

pappydu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan on which I am currently up to date.

I have had arrears in the past and for a period of 12 months was up to 2 cumulative payments in arrears.

I had arrangements to clear lasting 6 months at a time each and they were back to back. At the end of the first arrange I had a terrible month at work (self employed so does get bumpy) so was still behind so came to a second arrangement.

After complaining about something recently the lender has defaulted me as of 13 months ago and refunded me all interest charged in between.

The are saying that as I was in arrears for more than 6 consecutive months I am in default. I though I couldn't be defaulted if I was less than 3 months cumulatively in arrears.

They are clarifying with their legal and credit team.

Anyone out their know the answer?

Well this is a grey area, A default is usually issued when the company concerned believes that the relationship has broken down between a Consumer and itself, however there is guidance in place.

Whats defaulted is defaulted. Each company has separate criteria for defaults etc, So its hard to give guidance.

Who is the creditor?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis