Housed feel depressed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They've probably passed it on to a debt collector so it's not on your account with the mortgage lender now.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no letter from a debt collector as yet but they did have a money judgement in place to restore at liberty at each court hearing.

So do I wait for them to contact me?

they didn't have any indemnity insurance that they've claimed off

they've told me that in the information I received.

My husband and Myself are technically insolvent

we've been advised to go Bankrupt but not the two of us together.

I know the joint debt of the property would be passed to me if My husband did this first as he has the most debt out of the two of us.

Still fighting with my negative thoughts.Been in my house now since march 1st but honestly and truthfully I'm not settled here and really when I can I'll be looking for a swap.I thought after all My family had been through this would be a new start I even was so positive about it all.I don't yearn for my old house or even dream of being back in it.It's sold now.This House is a massive Victorian end terrace 3 floors massive cellars but I haven't fallen in love with it at all I keep trying but I just don't get any vibes from it.We've furnished it nicely the children have their own rooms.It's like a house you'd see on property programmes and I'd wish I had one like it.My health has been rubbish since moving in infection in my lung ongoing sinus problems feeling so tired back at hospital this month for my lungs.I'm usually so positive even cooking is a chore!I'm grateful for being rehoused some people are not so lucky from what I read on here and other websites.I suppose it'll take time to re-adjust to it all....Just posting how it is from another point of view.

Have you been referred to a counsellor yet ? - If you are feeling poorly within your body then mentally you will strive to pull yourself up as well. Just take it one day at a time :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks haven't seen anyone.Ironic that for 24 yrs I've supported my husband with his mental health issues reading researching his issues and understanding where he was coming from at the time not even my family knew how to cope with it all the days before anyone acknowledged Mental Health.I'll keep going just take it as it comes.I am grateful,My children started this journey still at school and college now three have got wonderful well paid full time work something so hard to come by nowadays.Just one left at school in the last year.I'm a creative Artistic person but even some of the things I'd enjoy I don't find the interest.I do love reading too something in my frame of mind I can do all day at the moment.I don't have sleepless nights.It's a big adjustment I know that but I'm sure it'll come together so way or another.One day at a time that's all I can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Ello pot I'm kettle I HEAR you & your sooooo not alone with how you feel, or how you've dealt with things.....

My story is very much the same meat different gravy (tho admittedly your spiral is a bit bigger & bit bumpier than mine)

We finally got evicted 18th June 2013 after a yucky chain of events & I've ONLY just managed to face admitting it on here partly because the I feel I've let the shining star of the North down (aka Ell-enn) who was truly amazing so many times & is secretly my hero *but shhhh don't tell her she doesn't really do 'mush'*

over a year later i STILL feel like i need to go 'home' & like u i'm obvs grateful to be rehoused as a family & I often tell myself to get a grip it's only bricks & mortar (so why doesn't it feel like it?)

like u i spent sooo much time & energy shielding everyone around me, taking their emotions on my shoulders worrying about them etc etc that i kinda forgot about me.......

this post is NOT to make u feel worse BTW it's more to let u know there are other women out there (i'm guessing!?) like you & me & though your story is truly awful I was almost pleased to see it (i hope that doesn't sound too twisted & doesn't read wrong?)

In my darkest moments (when i feel alone tho i'm surrounded by people) I try to remember that happiness is a decision we make each morning & NOT a state of mind, that noetic physics has PROVEN that PMA (positive mental attitude) does have a mass therefore it really does make a difference & if they don't work i smile sweetly fart a silent but deadly & leave the room...... hey nothing will ever make me COMPLETELY grow-up

WE CAN'T have rainbows without a little rain, so around the corner sometime soon there's a big arsed one for each of us cos lots of rain = extra big rainbows

there's so much more i could say in this reply but I hope in some way it helped?? & i hope that other people in similar situations who feel blue read it & pass by to say yeah me too xx

ps i haven't been to the docs either but i find exercise really does help (something to do with eddy-the-dolphin) I LOVE to dance so that's my de-stresser start doing a little exercise daily & u will start to feel differently (i think!?):???:

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

Dehowletts - you have been soooo brave throughout your troubles (and you should know better than think we'd feel you'd let us down !). I was so proud of how you battled on, and I can only hope you feel relief that the situation has come to an end - please, please try to stay strong and be happy in your new surroundings.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn I'm getting there slowly - though it's like a doll's house to me & the ceilings are so low i can paint them without standing at the top of a ladder using a pole extension.....

I'm slowly removing the 50 shades of pooh the house was painted, my youngest's room was adult pooh colour, the living room baby pooh colour the landing a dark choc (why why WHY such dark colours with low ceilings?) my kitchen is now vanilla with the following on one wall "dance like no ones watching, wear flip flops & pretend it's summer, wake-up & be magnificent etc etc" which was needed as i'm trying to inject some character into it!?

I do mostly stay positive, I'm still not able to blame anyone but myself so I do kinda beat myself up now & then & go on a little guilt trip, but I've started teaching again so term time is nuts (imagine me in charge of our nations teenagers!? what is the world coming to?)

Good to 'see' you, I owe you so much dear lady & have learned so much from you, I hope you & yours are well? xx

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

dehowletts.. the colours of your rooms prior to your moving in remind me of my first home.. the darkest of greens and browns were used on every wall - even though this was a Victorian terrace with high ceilings, it still felt as though I was living in a coffin !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

I've been knitting like mad just simple things which occupy my mind...Just knitted 5 scarves this week...now onto a Baby Blanket...I've knitted since I was a child when I went to live at my father's I couldn't take everything like my sewing machine and all my books so I took my knitting.It helps to relax me.Yes some days are worse than others cooking is still a chore at times.I suppose it's my frame of mind at times thinking how hard I've worked over the years and now it's counted for nothing.Like said in the post up above it's only Bricks and Mortar and will still be there when I'm long gone.I used to power walk with my husband and we'd do over 6 miles a day around some lovely areas come rain or shine...that sort of came to a stop last year.I don't feel guilty about the situation and how it unfolded as I fought a long hard battle to keep my old house and really did expose my mortgage lender for what they were...A bunch of cowboys with lies and deception some people might argue well you lost your home but even the Agencies I spoke to face to face and my MP were horrified at how they got away with everything.

Sorry to hear how things went for you.

Im glad you have somewhere safe to be at the moment and I am glad you have a wonderful family to look after you. You have been through so much and looked after them all through the toughest times I can imagine. You have been so strong for so long that I am not surprised that it took and does take its toll on you.

Also it is good to see that you are not blaming yourself anymore. You should blame the sharks that treated you in such a negative manner. It should be noted that in recent cases the courts and fca are begining to clamp down on lenders for things like that.

Excercise is good. Swimming?

GP is solid advice too. You cant continue the physical battle indefinitely without winning the mental one first!

Just remember what is most important to you. (Your family) Nothing else matters and I am sure in time you will get some form of justice!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply.Feeling like I'm getting there changed my kitchen table and chairs and it looks and feels different in the kitchen.Gone back power walking about 5-8 miles a day.I realised I can sit and feel awful or do something about it.Still knitting and reading but the darkness seems to be so much better.

• 5 months later...
... some people are not so lucky ...

No, they aren't but that doesn't make your situation any the less disagreeable. Your situation sounds rather similar to mine, which I find very difficult to bear. I have no patience with people, usually considerably better off than me, who tell me that I should think myself lucky and count my blessings. It isn't for others to decide whether or not one is 'lucky' or 'relatively well off' if you find your situation difficult to cope with.

Just posting how it is from another point of view.

I know from my own circumstances that yours are unpleasant and I sympathise with you. I hope things have improved for you in the last nine months.

When you're chewing on life's gristle whistling rarely helps.

• 4 months later...

Has it changed not much it still does not feel like home .It's furnished fine no problem there but if it was in an another area I'd be delighted.I'd love a car again so walking everywhere I refuse to pay for a bus ticket of over £4.00 a day to go anywhere.Life seems to be in one straight line back and forth I am in an area I went to school got married at the local church.I lived on this same road in rooms with my mum and dad when they had a house fire and lost everything in 1962.I honestly never thought I'd end up here in my late 50's just can't feel settled.Some people love a big house I feel overwhelmed some days by it.I will look for something smaller maybe through the swapper site or my local council.I can trade down when my older children leave home.Although does not look like it yet!I've put my 25 years in my old house on the back burner although I will never ever forgive my mortgage lender for selling me a sub-prime mortgage and writing incorrect information and not offering me a high st mortgage when I already had one with RBS then hiding behind the GMRS.What I say about them I won't repeat on here but I do believe that what I said on the day when I left My old property will stay with them all from beyond my grave.Even when I finally move to a place where I'll be so much happier I'll never forgive them all.