• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dmr offering big big discount?

craig73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My other half took out a loan with toothfairy for £400 which escalated to £2500.

Now over the last month or so black water & DMR have been sending txts trying get her to make contact.

Now they have sent a txt saying pay £80 & they will close the account and if she doesn't face possible legal action or they will sell the debt on.

Now I think they are just dangling a carrot hoping she will bite and make contact.

Any thoughts on this one or could they be being genuine.

Thanks

Bigboj

Hi

That does sound odd. While we know they paid a pittance for Toothfairy's loan book (7.5%+) it may be that they are not getting what they hoped for.

Asking for 20% of the debt is a possible good thing as the debtor gets clear and they make a profit.

Before even thinking about it, you want this in writing, not by text.

I am wondering if they will try and prey on a debtors ignorance. In a Full & Final settlement, if the debtor does not ensure the creditor does not sell on any remaining amount, they may just do that.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

That does sound odd. While we know they paid a pittance for Toothfairy's loan book (7.5%+) it may be that they are not getting what they hoped for.

Asking for 20% of the debt is a possible good thing as the debtor gets clear and they make a profit.

Before even thinking about it, you want this in writing, not by text.

I am wondering if they will try and prey on a debtors ignorance. In a Full & Final settlement, if the debtor does not ensure the creditor does not sell on any remaining amount, they may just do that.

They did not pay a pitance!!! They are most likely the same people behind toothfairy who just moved around because their scapegoats like larholt coul not be used anymore. We have strong suspicions that they could be related to Tanja and Per Gullestrup but we need to prove it

They did not pay a pitance!!! They are most likely the same people behind toothfairy who just moved around because their scapegoats like larholt coul not be used anymore. We have strong suspicions that they could be related to Tanja and Per Gullestrup but we need to prove it

Until we get equivocal proof of these statements, I cannot see this. There may be 'guiding hands' but they will be from a distance away. For this particular thread, we have to assume that some money changed hands so that the settlement figure means something.

I can only go on what I read in the media.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Until we get equivocal proof of these statements, I cannot see this. There may be 'guiding hands' but they will be from a distance away. For this particular thread, we have to assume that some money changed hands so that the settlement figure means something.

I can only go on what I read in the media.

There are two issues here: who they are and what they offered Craig. Their offer looks good and he should take it if he can get it in writing, it doesn't matter who owns dhr and wlp for the settlement. Who they are is of interest to me because I just can't let evil get away with it. If you can only go by what you read in the media, then good luck because you'll often be misguided. I go by what I know and if I don't know and truly care, I'll find!

Any discount should be checked very carefully. Especially if involves pdls and their dcas.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There are two issues here: who they are and what they offered Craig. Their offer looks good and he should take it if he can get it in writing, it doesn't matter who owns dhr and wlp for the settlement. Who they are is of interest to me because I just can't let evil get away with it. If you can only go by what you read in the media, then good luck because you'll often be misguided. I go by what I know and if I don't know and truly care, I'll find!

Fair enough! Rather than post on a different thread, why not start a thread with all your evidence so far. It would be useful to keep it all in one place rather than spread around the forum.

As Silverfox says we have to believe what the administrators of the company says and is reported in the media.

The info I read was that the loan book is several million but only about 10& of that is classed as recoverable. For that a figure of about £25K was quoted. It strikes me that much less thatn 7.5% was paid in which case a settlement figure of 20% is probably quite reasonable, a nice little earner.

As for all the other allegations , I have yet to see a shred of evidence and without evidence Mr Gullstrup could i think sue for defamation although he may think it not worth his while

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I'd like to see this " evidence" and the foundations for these suspicions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

sorry, i meant that if they are connected to webloans, the 25000 they paid means nothing. To be honest it does sound like a ridiculously small amount anyway and is another argument in my mind to find out who dhr is. we could have all joined up and paid this amount and cancelled our loans cheaply!!! 25000 just doesn't sound right

Hi all

My other half took out a loan with toothfairy for £400 which escalated to £2500.

Now over the last month or so black water & DMR have been sending txts trying get her to make contact.

Now they have sent a txt saying pay £80 & they will close the account and if she doesn't face possible legal action or they will sell the debt on.

Now I think they are just dangling a carrot hoping she will bite and make contact.

Any thoughts on this one or could they be being genuine.

Thanks

This could well be true. I have had dealing with these. I personal used this company. I had trouble paying back. I original borrowed £400 and which did escalate to £1028. I paid about 100. And had trouble with rest. I missed a few agreed payment. Then I contacted NDR. (Now black water but still use the NDR website so really it's just a different name) they told me if I paid 320 the account would be close and balance cleared and they give me 28 days to do this. And sent me email to confirm. Also said if I failed to pay it then would revert back to original balance. Now to unforeseen problems I failed to pay this and as they said to reverted back to original balance. I contacted them again. After contacting them they told me someone would call me. They did within the hour and after talking to her was put on hold and when she came back. She told me if I could pay 107 within 28 day again account would be closed. I was sent email again with new agreement on. I paid it and account is now closed. That was 2 months ago.

If you go on the NDR website and the the pay now section. Sign in with your email and contact number with the '0' missed reached with '44'. You will see what you owe and this will also show you what you owe after an agreed payment put into place. U can pay her too (I did).

On another point if you go on the tooth fairy website and just click apply now it won't let you. I think and does make sense. Tooth fairy as been closed down and that why the debt collectors are offering these lesser settlement. In Order for they to get at least some money.

You should NEVER phone these people. Ever. They will say and do ANYTHING to get money from you. You should also only ever pay via standing order or a defunct bank account. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CURRENT BANK DETAILS.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well in this case it's sorted. The company as closed down. After reading about it on here I looked on Internet. And the citizen advice website. They have had there licence taken from them. U need to pay debt. It's an agreement. Regardless who it is with. So there for it is safe to pay. I have had no come back. And like I said it's been 2 month.

Richard

I suspect your time scales are a bit wrong.

You say you paid 2 months ago and that was after not being able to pay the agreed amount within 28 days.

That sadly goes back to almost the exact date webloan processing went into Administration.

In my opinion it is not safe to pay by debit card or even god forbid credit card.

The safe way is either via faster payments or maybe even a cheque (for those of us that still have cheque books)

I have to say I seriously suspect your motives

I would also add that for some people even a 50% discount is beyond their means in a lump sum

Please remember that this shower paid an estimated 25K for recoverable assets of around about 750K although a director of the company suggested recoverable assets were twice that.

The fact the loan book was worth 10.8 million with less than 10% of that deemed recoverable does make me wonder how much of it was made up of charges and has there been any accounting fraud (just a question NOT an accusation)

Richard, I agree with fletch70. Your timing doesn't make sense. I don't know who you are but you're new. I also suspect your motives. You are encouraging us to deal with dhr on no basis and no written agreement and give them our account details. That's mad mate.

Less of the personal attacks guys. Save it for somewhere else.

I think If you want to be rid of this matter, accept the F&F offer on the following conditions, which must be agreed in writing not text or e-mail.

1. The settlement is made on condition that the remaining balance is not to be sold or assigned to any 3rd party for collection.

2. All adverse data is removed from CRA files immediately.

3. These conditions must me confirmed in writing prior to payment being made.

4. Payment is made as a " gesture of good will and without admission of any liability".

Send the letter by signed for post and check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have no issue whatsoever with someone paying off a debt with a full and final settlement if that is what someone wants. The suggestion that the Brig makes is a good idea , there are also full and final templates in the cag library.

Richard

There really is no need for that sort of language, I gave my reasons as to why I suspected what you said, it was the timing. I also said that IMO it is a very bad idea to pay by debit card, there are too many examples of the system being abused by creditors.

Sadly your post is the sort of thing that a troll employed by the creditor would place (not necessarily with the creditors knowledge) hence me being skeptical. The site team obviously accept you are genuine therefore I will not pass further comment

Yeah don't. What u say makes sense. I was just giving my experience. And anyway once it's paid as agreed and you don't feel your bank details are safe. It's simple get a new card. But I don't appricate you or anyone else suggesting I have motives. It's rude and perfetic.

None of this is helping Craig, to continue in this frame is pathetic!

And anyway once it's paid as agreed and you don't feel your bank details are safe. It's simple get a new card.

Sadly that does NOT work with PDL's as they utilise a mechanic known as a CPA.

And people really need to stop the back and forth trying to get the last word in. It doesnt add anything to the thread at all and just serves to derail it. It's much better simply to ignore the poster.

Less of the personal attacks guys. Save it for somewhere else.

Agree with that! Recently a few guys just pop up like this richardc123, brand new, never posted before, and suggest stupid things in favor of dhr. We have to be very minfdful that the dhr people or jordan taylor and Tanja Gullestrup have access to this forum just like us.

If dhr makes a good offer, it should be taken but make sure the conditions are right.