Paying Back CFO Lending

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you all know, CFO are the worst.

I am trying to pay them in full and close my account but because I cancelled their CPA I can't do it using my debit card.

My 'account manager' wants me to unblock them and do the transaction over the phone and they will make me a deal. He says

his offer expires today and if I don't pay he'll add £80 to my balance. Here's the funny bit, he didn't make me an offer. I told him how much I was going to pay (the balance on the last email I received a few weeks back) and he sort of just accepted it. He got the figure wrong twice so it obviously wasn't on his computer screen.

I do not want to give these idiots any more debit card details because I don't trust them and I also don't trust that Natwest will cancel a CPA quick enough for them to not try to fleece me over the next couple of days once they have my card details.

They said bank transfer would take 14 days and they'd add charges in the mean time yadda yadda yadda.

I know all payday lenders are crooks but CFO are a bunch of halfwit shysters. In what universe does a bank transfer take 14 days in 2014? They obviously just want my card details but they're not getting them.

Some advice, if you hadn't figured it out already do not use their formstack to enter your card details, it is literally just a text form, not a payment system and you're just sending them unencrypted info for them to process manually, which means they can put whatever amount through that they like!

Sorry for the rant, here's my real question:

Can a CPA be set up on a cash card? I have a cash card for my metrobank account, if I thought it was safe I'd pay with that. I can use it online and in stores but I can't set up any sort of regular payments. But as a CPA is more like a POS transaction would they be able to set one up?

If that's a no go, I considered getting a prepaid debit card but I'd need it fairly quickly. Has anyone got any experience with virtual prepaid cards that aren't that expensive (I'd need to load on around £250)

Should I just do the bank transfer? I have a feeling they won't close the account and it'll be a big mess.

Pay by standing order ONLY. Do NOT pay by Bank transfer.

If they refuse to provide their bank details, then we can use the postal order method. Do not fall for any of the crap that CFO gives you. Especially the empty threats of adding on more money if you dont do what they say. You could also smile and call their bluff. Tell them that you are recording the entire call, and you want them to email you with everything that is said on the phone. They usually get nasty at this point, so you can simply laugh at them and hang up.

Notice how he is trying everything to get you to unblock them from your bank? This is a direct breach of oft guidance AND FCA regulation. They know this, but they are a sham of a company. If you pay by debit card or bank transfer, i can guarantee you ( ill even stake my house on it), that you will find your bank account COMPLETELY wiped clean. Just read the threads in the CFO forum. That is their basic business practice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D