Santander Bank is not answering my hardship case

epman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

From last 5 years I am in financial difficulties due to my work hours were reduced and I am unable to find a new job.

I have in total 7500 in credit cards and overdraft.

I have been paying everything on time inducing some charges to my bank for going over the limit etc and paid last month £45 charges to my bank.

This month now they are going to charge me £95.

Last month I contacted all my lenders and asked them for a reduce payment plan due to financial difficulties and they all agreed to it and accepted my plan.

When 4 days ago I asked My bank Santander to freeze all charges and also do not charge me £95 this month as it would left me with no money for buying food and fuel for my driving job but they did not responded me at all.

My charges are due on 14th and I am bit worried about it.

What can I do to next?

Please help :(

Best regards,

Epman

If they have ignored your first request - I would suggest you now write to them and head your letter "Formal Complaint". Send it to their Head/Registered office and by a tracked method.. either Recorded or Special Delivery.

Almost certainly they will deny having received your earlier letter unless you sent that by a tracked method and have proof of receipt.

Do you own your own home ? If not, then it might be worth your considering a Debt relief order if your debts are below £15,000 ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for your reply. I just had a text message from Santander that my request is registered and I may contact them if I need further information. I sent them message online and received their confirmation of receiving my request. I think I should consider DRO. Its been many years I am fighting with my debt and it is just growing. My Debt is around £7500 and I do not own a house.

It might be worth having a word with National Debtline - I have popped their contact details below.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

or call National Debtline free on 0808 808 4000

Monday – Friday 9am-9pm

Saturday 9.30am-1pm

The following is a link to the Nat Debt fact sheet on Debt Relief orders. It might be that it isnt suitable for you, if not, then Nat Debt will be able to advise what would be your best options.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=37_debt_relief_orders

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello everyone,

Just giving you update on that request I made to Santander.

They did not answered my request.

I just received a text message around a week after sending it.

They said that they have registered my request.

Yesterday they charged my account with £95 and now they will charge me quite a lot more as my account over the limit leaving me with no cash for a whole week and also they will be charging me every day for been over the limit. The only thing I can do is to cancel all the direct debit as they will all bounce and even create more charges.

What should I do?

Is debit management is batter option or DRO is more suitable for me.

I am trying my best to change job but still no luck.

So I do not see my financial situation is getting better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update that still not answer to my request.

Santander has not responded me at all.

Is there any way I can complaint for them?

This was my last communication with them sent on 15th of Feb.

I copied and pasted this from one of the post here.

I am very disappointed in your not responding to my complaints sent on 5th of February and that you have chosen to ignore my request for hardship, I therefore have no alternative but to seek recourse through the county court system.

I believe that Santander have treated me unfairly under the following BCOB rules of which Santander should be compliant with, since Santander is a firm regulated by the FSA [now the FCA].

Rule5.1.1 R states “A firm must provide a service in relation to a retail banking service which is prompt, efficient and fair to a banking customer and which has regard to any communications or financial promotion made by the firm to the banking customer from time to time.”

Rule 5.1.4 G “Principle 6 requires a firm to pay due regard to the interests of its customers and to treat them fairly. In particular, a firm should deal fairly with a banking customer whom it has reason to believe is in financial difficulty.”

Santander have been informed that I am in receipt of state benefits and that I need these toc over essential living costs including food and heat/lighting.

Santander have not at any point acknowledged that this is a hardship case despite me notifying you. You have levied charges of £95 in recent days, and have refused to refund these. It is my belief that I have been treated unfairly .

In order for this claim to be settled without the need for court action I require that the full amount taken of £95 returned to me by way of a credit to my account.

If I have not received a satisfactory response within 14 days then court action will be commenced without further notice and further costs will be incurred.

A judgment for a breach of BCOBS is very serious and the FSA [now the FCA] would be empowered to act.

Yours Faithfully

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Santander Bank is not answering my hardship case