Moving: Switch WP Provider or forced to commute?

Sekhmet79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all.

The move from Rugby to York is happening and we should be moved within the month. Finding a job here is unlikely and York has so much to offer, so much more job opportunity etc

I do have a worry. I did read that once signed to a specific Work Programme provider - it can not be changed. Here I'm with Sarina Russo and there is no Sarina Russo in York. According to this link, the only WP providers in York (north east) are Avanta and Ingeus. So, please dont tell me I will be MADE to commute a 6 hour round journey from York to Rugby because I wouldn't be allowed to change WP providers (or is the information I read about a no-change of providers incorrect?). Many thanks!

You need to write to both the WP provider and the DWP advising them that you are moving - Whilst the provider might expect you to undertake a six hour commute, I doubt very much if they would entertain the travel expenses. The DWP would probably view a six hour round trip to be excessive anyway.

Not sure if your provider is subcontracted to one of the larger primes, if they are, it could mean that you might be reassigned to a York based provider - The best thing to do is ask the WP liaison officer at your local JCP if there is a process in place for transferring you to a provider in another area.

At worst, you'll get reassigned to Avanta or Ingeus. Alternatively, Sarina Russo will park you and make irregular contact by phone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You will not be forced to commute from York to Rugby. That will not happen. The rules are ridiculous, yes, but not that bad.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks guys! I did read that I could not change providers but maybe that was incorrect afterall. I also highly doubt that the WP would be willing to pay me £60.50 in travel expenses should I be made to commute like Mr P said lol but maybe the rules arent that bad and what I read was inaccurate. Thanks again :)

Hey all.

The move from Rugby to York is happening and we should be moved within the month. Finding a job here is unlikely and York has so much to offer, so much more job opportunity etc

I do have a worry. I did read that once signed to a specific Work Programme provider - it can not be changed. Here I'm with Sarina Russo and there is no Sarina Russo in York. According to this link, the only WP providers in York (north east) are Avanta and Ingeus. So, please dont tell me I will be MADE to commute a 6 hour round journey from York to Rugby because I wouldn't be allowed to change WP providers (or is the information I read about a no-change of providers incorrect?). Many thanks!

A friend of mine was with A4e and until she moved 50 miles. no A4e at her new location.... so they moved her to Ingeus and hates it!