ESA and SG

shelly69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My husband is in the SG and it is due to run out in April.

We have just filled in a form making sure that we put down everything including *Please note: I wish any face to face assessment to be recorded*. My husbands condition is a degenerative one and on going other issues.

Has any one any idea what happens if it runs out but we haven't heard from them please?

Thanks

Shelly

Hi

Thanks for a quick reply.

Yes, it was a ESA50.

As his condition has only gotten worse, we simply copied the last one, when they changed him from the wrag group to support group (not word for word of course), added any new issues with proof and sent it recorded.

You may not be allowed to record due to the DPA and the fact it is classed as a government building and they have different rules regarding members of the public recording things

As your equipment may record details/conversations you are not entitled to record. You may be able to ask them to use their equipment and you receive a transcribed record of the interview, but this will be done by them.

You must ask permission first, but if they refuse and you do you could face legal action against yourself

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

:shelly69:

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2012/12/how-to-request-an-audio-recorded-assessment

There's further info about having a work capability assessment audio recorded in the Al1C leaflet that's sent out with appointment letters, and currently Jobcentreplus have suspended the four weeks cut off point to wait for an audio recorder. If your husband has an audio recorded messical, he'll be handed a compact disc (or possibly an audio cassette tape) before he leaves the Atos centre.

http://dpac.uk.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/WCAAL1C_0713-21.pdf?eefd72

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks All

I have put down that I want them to record everything as you know how much we can always be sure that Atos will put the truth down.

We got stung like that before and as usual won the appeal as people do, and if they do put the truth down the first time

:jaw:

You will find you have to ring ATOS when you get your appointment and ask for the messical to be recorded.They dont take any notice of what you put on ESA50 requesting a recording.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

You will find you have to ring ATOS when you get your appointment and ask for the messical to be recorded.They dont take any notice of what you put on ESA50 requesting a recording.

And make a note about that telephone conversation letting atos know that you are writing down the conversation you are having with them.

We understand the reason why you have the need to record, this is the only undeniable way to prove what is going on behind closed doors and how a claimant is being treated.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

On my last WCA I forgot to ask for it when sending the ESA50. When I got my first appointment letter, I sent of a recorded letter to ATOS asking for a recording and also rang them, telling them I had requested a recording is the one booked recorded, it of course wasnt but they approved it there and then. ATOS do seem less hostile now to recordings. So send a letter off, and if you dont hear anything within a few weeks or if a appointment letter comes through, then ring to confirm its recorded, also be prepared for the chance they will book many appointments and have to keep cancelling them due to lack of recording equipment.