Train2Game

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My story:

I was 33 when I signed up for T2G. I was renting a flat at the time and stuck in a dead-end job. I had set my goal on a career change and I chose the games industry as my attempt to get my arse shifted into something more enjoyable and something I could take pride in. I did a fair amount of research and T2G was near the top of my list already as my younger brother was already signed up with them and in the early stages of his personal (and fulfilling) journey with T2G. At the time he recommended them to me.

I researched the hell out of the games industry and decided I wanted to be a level designer, I registered my interest with T2G and they eventually, some weeks later, got around to sending someone out to me.

By this time I was already mentally committed. I was preparing to move out of my flat into somewhere smaller to help me afford the cost of the course. I had been learning UDK and the whole sales patter that took place was largely unnecessary. What I did object to though was even that given my situation of moving house, the salesman still tried to insist that I sign up there and then. I lost count of the amount of times I told him that I simply could not afford the £100 enrollment fee. He even suggested I borrow the money from a family member!

In the end, he left without his money and I was pretty angry. I wrote to one of the old DR staff that used the T2G forum a lot at the time to complain about this and he promised to forward this on.

I guess he did - I got a call from the area manager the following day. After some negotiation which mainly involved me telling him, no - I did not want to sign up while I was moving house we did eventually agree that if I paid an enrollment fee then my actual course payments would be deferred for 3 months. I naively agreed to this and, of course thereby threw away my "cooling off" period, as I was far too busy moving house to worry about the course at the time.

So.. I was now on the Game Designer course. A course that I was promised would teach me all I needed to know about getting a job as a level designer. Well that was a load of bull. Level design, I later found out was not covered until section 2 of the course and consisted of - I believe, an entire chapter. Consider that a chapter in the world of T2G is roughly 3 pages and you get the idea.

I didn't like the game designer course 1 bit. It was a book that taught you how to admin. Not what I wanted to do. So I contacted T2G and made a request to change course. I was determined to learn something! I changed to the art and animation course because that was the course my brother had been doing when he recommended T2G to me.

I got most of the way through section 1 before it struck me... Why was I changing my goal to fit in with T2G's failings? I didn't want to be an artist, modeler or animator. In fact, I was completely crap at it. And so, about 14 months ago I dropped everything to do with T2G and did what I wanted to do in the 1st place.

I had essentially written off the £5k as a loss and not thought much about it - the mood on the T2G forum at the time I left was quite upbeat and the community was happy to defend T2G when it was called into question. It wasn't until I visited the forum again recently that I saw what was happening and that the mood had taken a turn.

TL/DR Avoid T2G. There are better/cheaper alternatives.

Edited by alanfromderby

• 5 months later...

Hello there, I have just registered on this site to reply to your post.

I had a guy from train2game come to my house yesterday to go through it all. He came across as a nice bloke and pretty sincere. I must admit after speaking with him I was more yes than no to go onto the course if I had to choose. Instead of reading the stuff on their website today though I have just been looking at forums such as this one to see what people off their website actually thought. After reading your post I have very much been put off doing the course. I was never 100% yes but your situation sounds very similar to mine - I'd like a career change and I thought this would give me the kick up the a*se I need. So you don't recommend it all then? Be great to hear back from you.

The last time I saw any course material from T2G was in February and based on that I would not recommend them to anyone as a good distance learning provider. They were talking about improving the material and other aspects of the courses but I have no idea if this happened or what the courses look like now.

That said there are simply too many other providers to choose from that offer better courses at lower cost that T2G should not even be a feature anyway. You didn't say which subject you were interested in, but I'll bet that you can find course if you look around a bit.

EDIT

These all cost less per month than T2G and are subscriptions, so you can start/stop them whenever you want.

Another alternative not to overlook is uni. If you cant afford to stop working full time uni take an OU course. I recently started my computer science degree with them - its a full degree and the government tuition fee loan is very handy.

Edited by caro

• 1 month later...

Also signed up to reply to this.

About 4 years ago I actually signed up with the T2G Artist and Animator course and after the 3 years and 1 year of extension which I spent all my time redoing what a spiteful ex had stolen/wiped I eventually got to sending in the required portfolio projects for the A&A course at the end of section 2.

16 weeks later I got results and failed almost everything. To be able to pass the course it's ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED that you teach yourself the majority of what you need to know via youtube or other sources.

T2G will teach you the very basics and then require you to do a professional quality piece of work, which using only what they taught you via the book is impossible.

When you point this out to them, their only defence is ''If you really wanted the job, you'd be happy to do that.''

So what are we paying for exactly?

Just a quick word about my previous post - the links were removed by the admins. Posting links to training companies isn't allowed - I didn't know that when I posted them.

Google is your friend though - they are easy to find and you can spot the good ones pretty quickly.

• 1 year later...

Train2Game are scams!

during my few months on the course, I saw information text gotten straight from Wikipedia, and I'm paying £5k for this course!

they will not tell you that the course has expiration date, so you end up signing up because tutor said you can study as long as you want.

customer service over the phone or email are so bad!

some of the things I was learning, you WILL already know if you are an avid gamer!

they ask stupid questions and trick questions to make you fail some questions. Also the english wordings are so terrible on text, felt like a fanboy wrote the train2game Game Design book.

thread is very old

you might want to start a new thread

of your own

you wont get seen here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
Train2Game are [problem]s!

during my few months on the course, I saw information text gotten straight from Wikipedia, and I'm paying £5k for this course!

they will not tell you that the course has expiration date, so you end up signing up because tutor said you can study as long as you want.

customer service over the phone or email are so bad!

some of the things I was learning, you WILL already know if you are an avid gamer!

they ask stupid questions and trick questions to make you fail some questions. Also the english wordings are so terrible on text, felt like a fanboy wrote the train2game Game Design book.

Very interested to see this.

I signed up for the app development course two and ha half years ago.

I was persuaded into doing this as I have always been interested in programming since I was a lad (many years ago)

and was convinced by the salesman that this course would enable me to start programming

and developing very soon and very professionally.

The course disappointed immediately.

The materials are poor, the tests are ridiculous, the marking takes for ever to turn round,

the so called tutor team seem to be one person!

Due to personal set up I am a long way behind and I will be seeking an extension this summer.

I have kind of written off the £5k..

.but this post has re-energised me.I have studied with the Open University,

obtaining a degree with them, and I know what true distance learning looks like

as post 7

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very interested to see this.

I signed up for the app development course two and ha half years ago.

I was persuaded into doing this as I have always been interested in programming since I was a lad (many years ago)

and was convinced by the salesman that this course would enable me to start programming

and developing very soon and very professionally.

The course disappointed immediately.

The materials are poor, the tests are ridiculous, the marking takes for ever to turn round,

the so called tutor team seem to be one person!

Due to personal set up I am a long way behind and I will be seeking an extension this summer.

I have kind of written off the £5k..

.but this post has re-energised me.I have studied with the Open University,

obtaining a degree with them, and I know what true distance learning looks like

you can get the diploma you want from Train2Game, but trust me, it means nothing!

all companies care about is your works, skills and portfolio!

• 1 month later...

I'm not surprised with all the complaints this so called 'training company is getting'. Back in 2012 I received a leaflet in my mailbox from them. I am also in a dead-end job looking to better myself and seeing they were offering training in the game industry and being from an art background I decided to join. A few days later they contacted me to schedule an interview and an 'advisor' came my house. I soon realized this advisor is nothing more but a salesperson. They're all about creating sales and making you feel bad for being in the position you're in. It's a psychological game they play to get sales. Despite this I signed up on the Game art and Animation course and started it straight away. The course is very mediocre. The books, they mail to you, are poorly made with pages that come apart. They don't even cover all the other softwares that is used in the industry. They only focus on 3ds Max. They say they can offer a work placement which is a lie. Despite reaching the last section of the course I was denied the chance to finish as my computer broke down and I did communicate this with them. This was one of the things that held me back and when I tried to sign into student world in January 2016 I discovered I was blocked without warning. When I asked for an extension a few months earlier in November 2015 they said I should wait till February 2016. But they had decided to take me off the course in January without warning and I did dispute this with them.

I would urge people to avoid Train2Game. They are not reputable.

Edited by winrt

Before you signed the contract, can you remember anything the sales man told you?

Did he say you can study for as long as you like? or did he say there is a 3 year study time (limitation)?

because I have contacted Financial Ombudsman, and they are dealing with my case.

I will be taking them to court sooner.

Because they mis-sold me and many people on Section 5-7 consumer and Misrepresentation 1967

they did their homework, by studying the law sections and picking up the loopholes.

That is why any website that discredit the name Train2Game, they take to court.

So if you put down the Sca word...it automatically get filtered on this site, because Train2Game can sue.

But many students don't know they have the power to take Train2Game to court because they were missold!

I dunno how they salesmen are doing the job now, i am sure they are telling students they have 3 years to study, because the forum members are saying that now. But i know from 2009-2011 they were mis-selling on false information.

So if the salesman said ANYTHING that is contrary to the contract or said anything not on the contract, it is mis-selling.

Soon I will be launching a change.org, to get as many supporters I need over this evil company.

• 2 months later...

Hi Xino

I have similar case to your, I am deeply disappointed with your courses, especially now that since 2015 They are no longer TIGA accredited. They t didn't orginise any even such us Game Jam, where You would have opportunity to meet peple from gaming industry. Train2Game supply you with old softwares such us 3ds Max 2013, now you have loads of new features in 3DS Max 2017. There is loads of misleading issues that could be shown to jury. I though that together we can do more that individually, I believe that it could be more people wanting to join us in this battle.

Hi Xino

I have similar case to your, I am deeply disappointed with your courses, especially now that since 2015 They are no longer TIGA accredited. They t didn't orginise any even such us Game Jam, where You would have opportunity to meet peple from gaming industry. Train2Game supply you with old softwares such us 3ds Max 2013, now you have loads of new features in 3DS Max 2017. There is loads of misleading issues that could be shown to jury. I though that together we can do more that individually, I believe that it could be more people wanting to join us in this battle.

hey man

of course the course is utter crap and a rip off.

I was not paying enough attention, i was noticing few things that were off with the course, but i just ignored.

and i was away from the course for a long time, so I was unaware of the TIGA break off during 2015.

When I found out that my course expired, then I started digging and every malicious lies came to truth. Found out the course was not unlimited, it was in fact limited to 3 years. Each time i emailed them asking why i could not log in, apparently i was requesting for extension.

I was gobsmacked by all these things!

i will indeed take them to court! but not right now. As i am tied up with other stuff at the moment.

definitely together we will bring them to their knees and start posting your complain, the admin and mods will help you out.

what T2G aka MIT are doing are searching around google and looking for people complaining about T2G, and they threaten the website to remove the comments or face court.

so our comments may soon be removed.

Edited by Andyorch
cannot private message/edit reference to external site

and if cabot have it then its been sold on

so let them take you to court

save your money let them waste it going to court instead

and expose the debacle there

rather than going for a costly class action.

individual claims are more effective.

and give more publicity.

and they

Has anyone thought of videoing an interview with t4g and you tubing asking some of the questions?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 year later...

I joined train2game in 2015, I was working on an 8 hour contract at the time so money was very tight, but I saw this as a way to get a better job, was told very heavily how much they were Tiga accredited by the salesperson, over the last couple of years, I have had financial problems which resulted in my training being locked until payments were back up to date, this in turn reduced the 3 years time line...I have had a long period of not doing any training because my financial problems were resulting in me facing eviction. My agreement with the finance division has been passed to a debt collector.

My query is that, surely if the finance department are treating it as a full loan that I have to repay, then they have paid the whole amount to the training department. So my account should never have been locked and the financial side of it should have been treated exactly like that. However I am being asked to pay back the full amount, even though my account has been locked for at least a year over the whole course of time.

After contacting T2G today, I have been told that my course is due to finish in February 2018, so I am being asked to pay for a course that I am going to be unable to even attempt to complete.

Start a new thread

Of you own

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi I started the art and animation course in 2010.

I was just about to finish section 2 when issues at home coursed me to loose track of the course.

I did find the course useful, and I did learn a fair amount.

Which led me to learn and experiment with other 3d programs.

I've been thinking of starting the course again.

However upon doing some research into the current state of the train2game course,

I'm getting the impression the qualifications have changed.

I read they gave up on the TIGA qualification and are using city guild qualifications.

Can anyone give some insight on train2game as a training group?

Is it still going, is it acknowledge within the industry?

as the post above your one states

please start a new thread

of your OWN.

thread stems from 2014 and has been annually bumped by newbies

now closed

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks