ParkingEye charge at Royal Free Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a ParkingEye Parking Charge Notice for £100. I had stopped my car on the corner of the central parking area at the Royal Free, and was waiting in it, engine running, while my friend went to drop something in to one of the wards. This took 16 minutes in total.

I had not noticed any signs saying no waiting. However, I saw subsequently no waiting signs at the 'set down zone' which appears to be the area by the wall of the hospital, and marked with diagonal lines.

I was not parked in a space, was not blocking a space, and was not preventing any vehicle from passing me.

I wrote a letter, but received a letter saying I didn't purchase a valid ticket etc. Then I wrote another letter saying I was not 'parked' but sitting in the car, etc.

I just received another letter saying my appeal was unsuccessful 'due to the fact that the car park is a 'Pay & Display'/Paid Parking' car park only'. I telephoned and was told that it is private land and I was not allowed to wait.

Is it worth appealing to POPLA? The letter says that if I lose I will have to pay the full amount rather than the reduced one. Your advice appreciated, as I have been reading previous posts but still not certain of best course.

I received a ParkingEye Parking Charge Notice for £100. I had stopped my car on the corner of the central parking area at the Royal Free, and was waiting in it, engine running, while my friend went to drop something in to one of the wards. This took 16 minutes in total.

I had not noticed any signs saying no waiting. However, I saw subsequently no waiting signs at the 'set down zone' which appears to be the area by the wall of the hospital, and marked with diagonal lines.

I was not parked in a space, was not blocking a space, and was not preventing any vehicle from passing me.

I wrote a letter, but received a letter saying I didn't purchase a valid ticket etc. Then I wrote another letter saying I was not 'parked' but sitting in the car, etc.

I just received another letter saying my appeal was unsuccessful 'due to the fact that the car park is a 'Pay & Display'/Paid Parking' car park only'. I telephoned and was told that it is private land and I was not allowed to wait.

Is it worth appealing to POPLA? The letter says that if I lose I will have to pay the full amount rather than the reduced one. Your advice appreciated, as I have been reading previous posts but still not certain of best course.

utter rubbish !!!!!!!!!!! appeal to popla with the popla number they give you,with advice from this site,even if you loose at popla which realistically wont happen you still wont have to pay,even as a last resort with the sound advice given by fellow caggers you will be just fine,sit back enjoy the ride,cheers good luck.

Yes, appeal to POPLA as there are court precedents as to what defines being parked for the public highway and council owned car parks so unless Parking Eye have a different definition that is applicable to all private land then you stand a good chance of defeating this charge.

Appeal on 2 grounds, firstly that you werent parked so no parking charge is applicable and secondly, your entering of the car park has not caused PE a loss as you wre not occupying a parking space so you need parking eye to demonstrate how they can show a breach of contract and loss for your action when there was no parking as defined by law

Plenty of other examples of successful appelas to POPLA regarding PE so pick uo on the wording used Ie demonstration of shedules of loss etc.