Contract with Ingeus? Scope for court action against them?

CAGareBrilliant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ingeus are a private company. (Part of the mighty Deloitte Group of accountants.)

This makes me wonder if I can sue them for non-performance.

I was told I had to attend various workshops on different topics, this was made mandatory. The workshops were all run by the same person, who is laughably incompetent. He makes numerous mistakes of fact, he gets confused which event he is running and either him or the company often get the invite list wrong, with attendees getting repeat workshops but not the first workshop in the sequence.

To top this, he tells lies about himself and his background (he claims various achievements, which on checking, have turned out to be false) and is in every way grossly incompetent. The 'workshops' on the usual topics like interview skills and team building, are utterly useless.

Ingeus also run the usual selection process for candidate pool assessment. During this session the selector behaved in a plainly racist manner towards one candidate and generally treated everyone else like dirt. The process itself was laughably fabricated to produce a given result. (Everyone selected apart from those who did not have ID evidence.) The ID evidence demand was itself confused and contained possibly illegal elements.

All of this makes me wonder if I can't take them to court under, for example, a Small Claim. After all, they are a private company are they not? They have wasted many hours of my time on these farcical activities, time which would have been far more profitably spent doing my own job searching activities.

What do you CAG experts think about this, might I be able to get a CCJ against them for compensation for inadequate and useless service provision?

Might I differently be able to argue that their restraint of me in these pointless workshops and other activities amounted to undue restraint or even kidnapping?

I think you would be tilting at windmills and that any attempt to pursue a small claim against them would be laughed out of court.

Sorry. I'm no more of a fan of these companies than you are, but don't waste your time or mental energy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think you would be tilting at windmills and that any attempt to pursue a small claim against them would be laughed out of court.

Sorry. I'm no more of a fan of these companies than you are, but don't waste your time or mental energy.

I would enjoy it as an activity, so it wouldn't be a waste of time from my perspective, especially if I tried to get as much publicity for the case as humanly possible.

I can't see why there is no mileage, given that they are not themselves a government department and can therefore be subjected to the usual county court processes.

Say why? I mean, they are a private company providing a service aren't they? Aren't we consumers of that service just as much as the DWP?

Oh, fine. Go ahead and try it, then. Don't say we didn't warn you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Oh, fine. Go ahead and try it, then. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Ha, yeah, OK. I'm curious why you are so adamant though, surely there is some sort of implicit contract between us poor WP drones and the provider which implies that they will at least make some kind of effort to deliver a worthwhile service? It really is so chronically bad, it just boggles that nothing can be done about it.

I would enjoy it as an activity, so it wouldn't be a waste of time from my perspective, especially if I tried to get as much publicity for the case as humanly possible.

I can't see why there is no mileage, given that they are not themselves a government department and can therefore be subjected to the usual county court processes.

You will not succeed in court on this basis. I repeat, you will not succeed, and indeed you probably won't even see the inside of a court. If you wish to change the system, devote your energy to political campaigning and trying to persuade others that the system needs to be changed.

Ha, yeah, OK. I'm curious why you are so adamant though, surely there is some sort of implicit contract between us poor WP drones and the provider which implies that they will at least make some kind of effort to deliver a worthwhile service? It really is so chronically bad, it just boggles that nothing can be done about it.

There is no implicit contract between us and the providers. The only contract is between the DWP and the providers.

And I'm only "adamant" because this is such an obvious waste of time that I'd hate to see anyone head down this road. But in the end, it's a free country - sort of.

Compensation for time wasted?

You don't have to be there at all. You can withdraw your benefit claim any time you like.