style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my insurance due on 10/01/2014,but I had already told swinton that I would not automatically renew even so they took a direct debit payment for the new instance in December, so I cancelled direct debit,after going on comparison site swinton where still cheapest so I signed and set up new direct debit,this was on 29/12/2013,on the 9/1/2014 I had a letter from swinton telling me that they had cancelled insurance because they couldn't collect direct debit and they are charging me £50 even though I was 13.50 in credit with them and the monthly amount was £6.20,I phoned them and explained and I got the impression they didn't like how cheap I had got insurance,any advice

my insurance due on 10/01/2014,but I had already told swinton that I would not automatically renew even so they took a direct debit payment for the new instance in December, so I cancelled direct debit,after going on comparison site swinton where still cheapest so I signed and set up new direct debit,this was on 29/12/2013,on the 9/1/2014 I had a letter from swinton telling me that they had cancelled insurance because they couldn't collect direct debit and they are charging me £50 even though I was 13.50 in credit with them and the monthly amount was £6.20,I phoned them and explained and I got the impression they didn't like how cheap I had got insurance,any advice

Course they don't like it. I assume you are now insured but at a cheaper rate..

Sounds a bit of mix up. See if you can resolve with the Swinton branch you are dealing with.

If not, phone their head office complaints.

call 0845 168 3676

Obviously they still had the cancellation instruction and did not set up the DD. Why they are trying to charge you a cancellation fee, I think this is just a mistake. A cancellation from the renewal date would not incur any cancellation fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread