• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Creation Consumer Finance / Lowell

Gaspanic9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the process of sorting out my debts,

i've just paid one off fully as I had a CCJ attached to it so i'm down to 2.

I'm going to try sort these 2 out 1 at a time, starting off first with this one.

A while back I bought a TV from Richer Sounds, after splitting up with the ex I fell behind on payments until I eventually stopped doing so.

Now I'm looking to get a mortgage in a few years time it's time I started cleaning up my debts/credit report.

Here's the entry in Credit Manager:

Creation Consumer Finance Ltd

Account number: ********

Name: ********

Account address: ********

Date of birth: ********

Account type: Credit Sale

Account status: Default

Date last updated: 01/11/2013

Account opened: 21/04/2007

Account opening balance: £788

Regular Payment Amount: £29

Repayment frequency: Monthly

Default date: 28/02/2011

Original default balance: £788

Now it says the default date was in 2011

however I'm certain I was never paying anything to them (nor did I acknowledge any debts to anybody over a few years),

how would I go about getting this default date rectified?

(In order to help getting it off my credit report sooner).

I'm not trying to run away from it,

I'll pay what I need to but first I want everything clear on what I owe so then I can set up some sort of plan.

What would be the first step towards this?

CCA first then take it from there or what?

I also had this posted in another thread along with the other 2 debts

(http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406740-3-different-debts. for reference),

it was said that it probably will be enforceable

however I may be able to claim extra charges etc back?

If you need any further info don't hesitate to ask.

And thanks in advance!

Edited by Gaspanic9

Hi

Firstly, do Lowell own the debt of collecting on behalf CCF? does Lowells name appear next to the entry on your credit file?

If you cannot remember when you stopped paying CCF, it may be worth sending a SAR to them to get copies of statements and payment dates.

This will also show what (if any) charges have been added.

If Lowell are chasing you, write at the top of any letter:

"I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the response.

Currently on credit manager it says Creation finance

however I received a letter from Lowells with a statement and

it looks like it's been with them for a while (sorry I can't be more specific, it's only recently that i've started keeping the letters).

It does however say on it "Original Creditor: Richer Sounds PLC - Creation Consumer Finance"

so that would indicate to me that they no longer own it?

I could probably take a picture of the letter and blank out my details if it's of any use?

It may be that CCF have only just sold the debt to Lowell so your data on the credit file should also change soon.

How soon after the 2007 opening date did you stop payments?

As for the default date showing 2011. This could be wrong. Defaults should be placed as soon as possible and certainly within 6 months of the first missed payment

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

As far as I remember it would have been round about a year. It's probably close to being barred but I couldn't say for certain, I know that I've definitely not made any payments while I've been living in this home and that's been around 5 years.

Well unless you are in Scotland you are looking at anther 12 months at least (may be more) until this is statute Barred.

Send the SAR and if Lowell start getting aggressive we can help slow them down

Send a postal order as cash can go missing.

That template is fine or use the pdf underneath which you can fill in.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I have a pack full of information back but as i'm at work I won't have the time to fully go through it.

Had a quick scan but I haven't seen any signed contract for this account, nor do I see the default date which is on my profile on any of these documents.

Had another check, definitely no credit agreement in there, should they have this anyway?

What I can see on one of the forms are these bits of information

Date of last payment: 22-Sep-08

Charge off date 28-Feb-2011

Default notice date 19-Feb-09

Shouldn't the default date on my credit report be 19/02/2009?

Default notice date 19-Feb-09

Shouldn't the default date on my credit report be 19/02/2009?

From what you posted, it is!

It is sometimes company practice not to include the agreement within a SAR as silly as it sounds. (may be they haven't got it)Unfortunately, as they haven't included it, you could send a CCA request. This costs another....quid!

The default will fall off your credit file next year so that gives you 12 months to get your deposit sorted. I wouldn't bother even attempting to get a mortgage until it has gone.

Thanks for the response!

Are there any types of forms I need to send off to get them to rectify this?

My plans for a mortgage aren't just yet anyway, i'm just trying to get everything paid off and off the credit report for the future when I will get one. I still have another debt to deal with after this one.

Edit: I think I know where we're getting our wires crossed.

On my credit report (and the first post) it says Default date: 28/02/2011

On the documents I received with the SAR it says Default notice date: 19/02/2009

Edited by Gaspanic9

If you look in the library, there is a CCA template letter.

I don't know if you seen this bit as I edited it:

On my credit report (and the first post) it says Default date: 28/02/2011

On the documents I received with the SAR it says Default notice date: 19/02/2009

I can send off the CCA to them to get the credit agreement though.

I just want all the information correct and know where I stand so I can take it from there.

Cheers

The default date should have been as soon as the default notice time expired so yes we did get our wires crossed.

Filing a default 2 years after the cause of action is wrong and needs addressing with CCF. They issued a default notice dated 19/02/2009 so they should have defaulted you within a month of that date. If they refuse to adjust it, you will have to complain to the ICO. You can place a notice of correction (up to 200 words) on your credit file to explain what is what.

I would wait and see if lowells have purchased this debt

or if they are already chasing

CCA lowells.

as for the default date.

theres not direct relationship between a default notice

and the defaulted date on the CRA file.

all a default notice does [if the default sum is not met ]

is ALLOW the creditor to default you at some point.

ideally this of course 'should' be near the date of the DN.

you could question creation as to why your file was not actually defaulted until 2 yrs later.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still awaiting the CCA back,

the request was signed for on Signature Time: 07/02/14 07:28:00 GMT

(however I have had a letter to say they're looking for it),

should I be doing anything now or just continue to wait?

I'd just be tempted to leave it until they come back but after this debt is sorted out I want to get my final one done.

Just continue to wait. The Leeds Losers know the rules and hope you don't. In other words, don't poke the dog

• 3 weeks later...

I know it seems i'm getting pushy however i've still not received anything bar a few letters from them saying they're awaiting it. I'm quite eager to get it done and dusted so I can start off on my final debt, is there anything I can send them to give them a nudge? If they are unable to find it is there a a general timeframe that they would let me know within or will they likely just keep me hanging on?

Thanks

if they've failed the 12+2 working days deadline

you could send the failure to comply letter

and stop any payments.

however, if in the future they do manage

to find the SIGNED agreement.

then it could get interesting.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if they've failed the 12+2 working days deadline

you could send the failure to comply letter

and stop any payments.

however, if in the future they do manage

to find the SIGNED agreement.

then it could get interesting.

I haven't been paying them anyway. I guess I should see what they say/do next although I have a feeling I could be waiting forever. Once this is sorted out i'll then try and get the default date rectified before paying any monies to them.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a reply saying they have been unable to find my original credit agreement for this account and that they are closing my account.

Is there anything I should be doing now or is that it?